Trying to install Whooshbuild-6

Kushty

Hi Guys, I need some advice here. My son has a H2S with openVix on it and as he no longer gets the gift channels we want to put IPTV on it. So as we like the whooshbuild, we want to swap the image and flash his H2S with Whooshbuild-6. I have d/l the basebuild and put it onto a FAT32 16GB USB. I inserted the USB with power off, powered on and it just it boots to the old image. Am I missing something? Do I have to remove the old image first?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
it may be my pet hate....usb not being prepared properly so box doesnt read from it...if you know how to ftp to your box you could always ftp base wb to your zgemmabackups folder then use the remote to restore image & select wb base (that would be easier than going through the usb prep)

Zgemma are very pernickety when it comes to USB sticks, Sandisk seem to work ok, You should see " boot " on the box for about 4 seconds, then is should say flash, if not, then is just reboots to your existing image m8..

Last edited:
no they are not... only a few will not work!!! nearly always its because the box cant read from a stick thats not prepared correctly....grrrr my pet hate!!

I've always thought that it best not to use a stick over 8G
But maybe it doesn't matter.
I have no idea how to do it in windows, but in Linux its dead simple,
Put your stick in the PC , open gParted and format the stick to FAT32
Unzip your whooshbuild to the desktop, open the folder and drag and drop whooshbuild onto the USB stick

using a small usb to flash is perfect...larger usb can be used as I know someone who used a 1tb drive to flash & it worked however it took 7 hrs to prep the drive lol... the smaller the usb/drive the better as they can be prep'd quickly

why not just use filezilla to ftp xtream tv ipk file to your box xtream file in downloads i used it yesterday my box is the same as yours running vix and it works a treat

if your u.s.b is 3.0 it must be inserted into the rear u.s.b port 2.0 is the front u.s.b port

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Just to clarify the result, A brand new 8GB USB 3 stick worked a treat from the rear slot. Thanks guys.

as a general rule new usb's dont need any extra prep its normally 'used' usb sticks that cause people problems this is when preparing the stick properly is required

Back