Cable Trying to search for channels when virgin is connected

tarren

Hi all, I've recently bought a h2h flashed it with the sly skin and spilt my virgin line and connected it to the box. Now when I search for channels it seems to only find a few and even less work. Even though it shows all of them while tuning but when finished it literally displays like 15 if that! I have a h2s with sly skin connected to the dish and it works great!! Please please help!!!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Hi all, I've recently bought a h2h flashed it with the sly skin and spilt my virgin line and connected it to the box. Now when I search for channels it seems to only find a few and even less work. Even though it shows all of them while tuning but when finished it literally displays like 15 if that! I have a h2s with sly skin connected to the dish and it works great!! Please please help!!!

have you added your net id and set providers to virgin uk, then scanned

Think so I set it to Preston area and the Id was what ever it listed online? Some ID's are single numbered but if I'm right the Preston ID was 5 numbers

If your going to use ABM then set the Net ID in ABM and scan using ABM only, there is no need to set up your cable tuner and scan for Channels, then use ABM. A lot people do this and it's unnecessary ;-)
Use one method of scanning not both.

I think you defo need to set your tuner to dvb/c for it scan, is that not correct?

Last edited:
If your going to use ABM then set the Net ID in ABM and scan using ABM only, there is no need to set up your cable tuner and scan for Channels, then use ABM. A lot people do this and it's unnecessary ;-)
Use one method of scanning not both.
Abm? Sorry don't know the jargon

I think you defo need to set your tuner to dvb/c for it scan, is that not correct?
Done that but still the same. the channels are there while it's tuning but not there after the completed scan

is this box only set for cable or both? as you'll have two sets of bouquets, one with 28.2 at the top and the same bouquets list again after with the vm channels which will show hd

is this box only set for cable or both? as you'll have two sets of bouquets, one with 28.2 at the top and the same bouquets list again after with the vm channels which will show hd
Just cable this

The Skin is not the build - changing the skin doesn't affect your box in terms of tuner config or cam setup - it's the build which is much more importantly in terms of setup to watch TV correctly. KiddaC released skins (so Slyk, VSkin) to make the box look like the Sky box or Virgin TiVo - it didnt control whether you could watch satellite or cable. Think of it as nothing more than a different theme.

As you're on cable only, looks at my build here: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/94055-biohead-image-openatv-5-3-vskin-cable-only.html that has KiddaCs Slyk and VSkin themes preinstalled (Viking default, you'll need to select Slyk if you want that).

The Skin is not the build - changing the skin doesn't affect your box in terms of tuner config or cam setup - it's the build which is much more importantly in terms of setup to watch TV correctly. KiddaC released skins (so Slyk, VSkin) to make the box look like the Sky box or Virgin TiVo - it didnt control whether you could watch satellite or cable. Think of it as nothing more than a different theme.

As you're on cable only, looks at my build here: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/94055-biohead-image-openatv-5-3-vskin-cable-only.html that has KiddaCs Slyk and VSkin themes preinstalled (Viking default, you'll need to select Slyk if you want that).

My bad Biohead,

it was your build I used and works perfectly.

Back