Tune Failed Issues AGAIN?

channelking

Please help me guys as once again this big headache stress is causing me huge problems.

I was in hospital for some time and place I live at was burgled so had lot of my personal things stolen including TV.

Now the dish at my parents house where I live mostly is the big issue as that is where have this issue. Dont have anywhere to test the box to see if box is the issue. Big regret is should have tested it on the TV at other place. Didnt think I would have to go through what I did.

Back to square one. Again no idea if its trees, box, dish, LNB or sat feeds.

I cant do it myself nor do I have the ladder/tools to get high enough to do anything.

Spoke to multiple local engineers and call out has now increased to £50 and another £50 just to change cables, dish etc. Wish is a total rip off and not something I can afford.

Any advice guys.

Have you tried rest ripping the f connectors inside the house and miking sure their tight what exactly is the problem

Plug in an old Sky box
Go into settings
Check signal strength

Will show if getting a signal, and how good it is (or not).

Cost = free

Have you tried rest ripping the f connectors inside the house and miking sure their tight what exactly is the problem

Apologies for not coming back sooner, same issues as before with me.

What you mean mate?

I did manage to do a fresh cut on both sat feeds in the house and put new f connectors which were tight and also tight in the tuners. But after some time "tune failed" happens again.

Apologies for not coming back sooner, same issues as before with me.

What you mean mate?

I did manage to do a fresh cut on both sat feeds in the house and put new f connectors which were tight and also tight in the tuners. But after some time "tune failed" happens again.
Could be a problem with cable from dish to receiver or a faulty tuner on box

Plug in an old Sky box
Go into settings
Check signal strength

Will show if getting a signal, and how good it is (or not).

Cost = free

Did have old sky box some years ago but family threw it away.

I even noticed on the road only couple have sat dishes, most have aerials and guessing others have VM.

Cant go to strangers house with the dishes though.

Could be a problem with cable from dish to receiver or a faulty tuner on box

No way to know for sure if 100% faulty cable or faulty tuner?

As to folk out so much on a box is too much mate without knowing for certain tuners are gone?

But arent tuners meant to last MANY years before becoming faulty?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last couple of days just tune failed on sat.

Would cutting the sat feeds as fresh cut make any difference?

Thought neighbours had sly tv but was wrong they have freeview or VM. Even with the one who has latter said "doesnt want his setup to be messed up" despite me kindly asking to test box for the VM issues having also.

Really beginning to think box is faulty.

Anyone around Midlands area? I really dont want have the money to pay the rip off local engineers nearly £100. Especially with hardly anything on sly.

By any chance did you rescan 28.2 and if so should pull in over 900+ channels.
Go outside and look at where sat dish is pointing and what is in that direction,clear sky,buildings,bare trees with no leaves or trees with leaves that can block a signal.Hopefully Grog will bring a box and kleenex tissues if you see a better picture.

By any chance did you rescan 28.2 and if so should pull in over 900+ channels.
Go outside and look at where sat dish is pointing and what is in that direction,clear sky,buildings,bare trees with no leaves or trees with leaves that can block a signal.Hopefully Grog will bring a box and kleenex tissues if you see a better picture.

Did do scan on 28.2 but any time I try to do a scan says tune failed.

From what i remember dish is quite high. Yes trees with leaves but reading about dish signal. Its usually 90 degrees and working out is above the trees.

Did you scan using function in Enigma2 or scan with ABM plugin?

If Enigma2 scanning, what options did you use.

@cactikid is suggesting you use scanning in Enigma2, this is the real scanning.

ABM, Blind scan, AB 28.2, AB cable, Cable scan are plugins,

Did you scan using function in Enigma2 or scan with ABM plugin?

If Enigma2 scanning, what options did you use.

@cactikid is suggesting you use scanning in Enigma2, this is the real scanning.

ABM, Blind scan, AB 28.2, AB cable, Cable scan are plugins,

I ran ABM scan. Numerous times and any time tune failed.occurs and run ABM doesn't do scan. Just says tune failed on ABM scan.

Didn't know there was real scanning.

If you mean manual.and auto scan then again have sometimes tune failed error message and other times it does find the relevant channels. But signal shows at 0.

You are joining up issues. This won't help you understand/resolve the problem. You cant get a tune failed during a scan.

Grog68, has offered you to test your receiver at his place. Take him up on the offer!

Until you decide to take him up on the offer......

For reception issues, a better test is to reform existing services, perform a manual scan of 28.2. Select complete, do not enable enable network scan. You should get 900+ services provided your satellites.xml file is upto date. (You are using an image that is over a year old, so make sure you update the xml file.) Do not go anywhere near ABM while fault finding.

You are joining up issues. This won't help you understand/resolve the problem. You cant get a tune failed during a scan.

Grog68, has offered you to test your receiver at his place. Take him up on the offer!

Until you decide to take him up on the offer......

For reception issues, a better test is to reform existing services, perform a manual scan of 28.2. Select complete, do not enable enable network scan. You should get 900+ services provided your satellites.xml file is upto date. (You are using an image that is over a year old, so make sure you update the xml file.) Do not go anywhere near ABM while fault finding.
unfortunately he wanted me to go to his to test as he has no transport but he's 60+ miles from me which is not really practical, in my opinion it would be better to test at mine as I have working boxes running and I know all externals, cables/splitters etc, are OK so would be able to confirm/eliminate the box being faulty

We've been through all the same dross a thousand times before, until someone turns up, free of charge, installs a new dish, new cables and a new box and provides a line, for NOTHING, it will continue ad infinitum.
People continually offer their help and are continually rebuffed, this is completely ridiculous, either club together and scrape up the paltry sum required or stop posting the same thing month after month, it looks like you are copy/pasting the same drivel in order to increase your post count.
http://www.techkings.org/threads/tune-failed-on-sat.140408/page-7#post-882521

We've been through all the same dross a thousand times before, until someone turns up, free of charge, installs a new dish, new cables and a new box and provides a line, for NOTHING, it will continue ad infinitum.
People continually offer their help and are continually rebuffed, this is completely ridiculous, either club together and scrape up the paltry sum required or stop posting the same thing month after month, it looks like you are copy/pasting the same drivel in order to increase your post count.
http://www.techkings.org/threads/tune-failed-on-sat.140408/page-7#post-882521

I get I have posted simliar things in another thread but DONT make fault assumptions. I dont give a damn about my post count whether it increases or not. Doesnt mean anything to me.

Never asked for free dish, cables or box.

Only I havent got enough money saved nor can I afford to pay local engineers nearly 100 quid to come out to have a look and change whatever they gona change. Plus if they cant fix fault still take half of that amount anyway.

Back