Tune failed on sat?

What i would do is fully scan 28.2 and see if it lists 920+ channels,i found abm on sat not working as some channels dont clear but if i go to the all list and chose another one with same name it can work.

I did originally delete all bouqets then tried to run abm and had the tuner lock message.

However when I checked signal finder it said both sat tuners had signal then randomly sly started working again but now is coming up with "tune failed" message.

My family has said this has been going on for a few days which is even more worrying. As it seems sly works for a bit then just randolmy all channels stop working and show the "tune failed" message.

Can it really be issue with dish, lnb and sat feeds or more likely tuners on box or box itself is faulty?

I am thinking of contacting technomate but just worried they may say no problem with the box or just wont do anything.

This issue is driving me crazy and really stressed over this. Already not well nowadays now crap like this is causing stress. Just want it to be fixed but not sure what to fix.

Has no one encountered this issue where sat channels work and then randomly all channels including FTA state "tune failed"?

Would appreciate if someone had this issue and what the resolution was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did originally delete all bouqets then tried to run abm and had the tuner lock message.

However when I checked signal finder it said both sat tuners had signal then randomly sly started working again but now is coming up with "tune failed" message.

My family has said this has been going on for a few days which is even more worrying. As it seems sly works for a bit then just randolmy all channels stop working and show the "tune failed" message.

Can it really be issue with dish, lnb and sat feeds or more likely tuners on box or box itself is faulty?

I am thinking of contacting technomate but just worried they may say no problem with the box or just wont do anything.

This issue is driving me crazy and really stressed over this. Already not well nowadays now crap like this is causing stress. Just want it to be fixed but not sure what to fix.

follow @cactikid advice above as there has been some changes with sat channels recently, this might be worth a shot.
it's unlikely to be a problem with the equipment if it's happening to other family members at the same time - you can't /all/ have faulty boxes / dishes etc

I had allotment issues last year due to a stupid tree, a few channels had low signal or no signal. Ended up getting an engineer out and they put the dish on my chimney and it's been fine since but yours maybe a different issue.

Start with basics i.e. connectors and cable. If that fails maybe get an engineer out just be warned that most even charge a call out charge.

No I mean family members in my household. They use my box and they told me they were watching channels few days ago and just randomly any channel stated "tune failed"

So it seems sat channels work for a bit and then just say "tune failed". Not sure why this is happening.

I did run a manual scan originally but on both sat tuners nothing actually happened. It didnt list any channels.

I had allotment issues last year due to a stupid tree, a few channels had low signal or no signal. Ended up getting an engineer out and they put the dish on my chimney and it's been fine since but yours maybe a different issue.

Start with basics i.e. connectors and cable. If that fails maybe get an engineer out just be warned that most even charge a call out charge.

Thats what I dont want to do. I know calling an engineer out or taking it to a shop may cause issues due to the box I have but also money they charge which I have not got to burn. I really dont have the money to buy a new box or new equipment but not sure I have a choice.

Local sat engineer won't be fussed about the box it's not his business he'll just check connectors and use a sat meter to check for best signal and move the dish if needed.

No I mean family members in my household. They use my box and they told me they were watching channels few days ago and just randomly any channel stated "tune failed"

So it seems sat channels work for a bit and then just say "tune failed". Not sure why this is happening.

I did run a manual scan originally but on both sat tuners nothing actually happened. It didnt list any channels.

Oh I see, I thought you meant other family members elsewhere.
have you tried swapping the cables in the back, or at least the F connectors?
try a different connector and see if it makes a difference

Would there be nothing I can do on my end?

Oh I see, I thought you meant other family members elsewhere.
have you tried swapping the cables in the back, or at least the F connectors?
try a different connector and see if it makes a difference

Yes swapped both cables in the other tuner but again same issue. Only have the two connectors from when sly done the install.

I also had tune failed and found twin tuners with 2 cables as one cable has a fault=0 signal.
If the skirt of lnb not pulled down water ingress could happen and make cable useless.
Auto scan 28.2 takes about 15 mins and 920+ need to be found first ,objects in line of sight will screw your signals.

But both tuners showed signal when checking signal finder.

How would I know if LNB is sitting right and dish is positioned right?

I have trees but sat has been working for years with no problem. Only last few days its messing up with sat working for short while then saying "tune failed" every time.

Will try auto scan but doubt it will find channels and even if it does wont mean I wont get "tune failed" message again.

Anyone else would have fixed this, but how thick I am, I am really struggling. Envy you guys lol.

By auto timers do you mean for recording? Dont think I have auto timers. But not sure.

I am tempted to reflash but think will be a waste of time doing it as seems a physical issue somewhere but not sure where.

VIX but its an old build. Havent flashed for some time.

But I highly doubt not being on the latest image is the cause of the current issue.

what i'm saying is, do everything that isn't going to cost you any money first, then when you've tried everything free, you may have to pay out.
try the suggestions in this thread, even those that will take a long time, then if none of them work.
Reflash and try them again, then if none of them work, you may have to cough up some cash

By auto timers do you mean for recording? Dont think I have auto timers. But not sure.

I am tempted to reflash but think will be a waste of time doing it as seems a physical issue somewhere but not sure where.
Yes , that was my tuppence worth .... Listen to pablo!

i see your bigger problem,box may have worked ok last month as trees had no leaves and now possibly covered in leaves and branches swaying in the wind will screw with your box.
If i put a blindfold over your eyes can you see??
Line of sight as chop chop maybe needed.

what i'm saying is, do everything that isn't going to cost you any money first, then when you've tried everything free, you may have to pay out.
try the suggestions in this thread, even those that will take a long time, then if none of them work.
Reflash and try them again, then if none of them work, you may have to cough up some cash

I have tried most of the suggestions here mate. Will do auto scan now. Will then try to test box at a relatives tomorrow. If still have the same issue then will be totally stuck and back to square one.

Have no cash to cough up mate lol. That is why I desperately need to get this fixed without any sort of money being spent. What little cash I have goes to bills only.

i see your bigger problem,box may have worked ok last month as trees had no leaves and now possibly covered in leaves and branches swaying in the wind will screw with your box.
If i put a blindfold over your eyes can you see??
Line of sight as chop chop maybe needed.

So your saying the trees is blocking the line of sight and is cause of the issue.

Mate the trees are and have been the same for YEARS. They have not dramatically grown and extended to have such a big effect.

Plus with the trees on my road these cant be chopped unless by the council who have refused previously any way.

your problem could be any of those mentioned in the thread, but what you could try, disable tuner b, set it as loop thru or not connected, whatever your image allows, remove the cable from tuner b, Run abm scan , tuner b is used as a default, if theres an issue with signal or connection to tuner b, you'll get the tuner lock error. If you get channels this way it may just be prob with the connection, ie copper core a bit too long, or outer braid making contact, both would interfere with signal,

you need to get a line of sight checked if they are tall and in line with dish,trees grow as its a fact of life but how high is the question?

Back