Tune failed on sat?

What area are you in? We are scattered all over the country, I wonder if there is someone on here who would be willing to take a look for you? It could be your cable, it could be your LNB, or it could be trees - it might even be the copper centre on the box end of the cable (seen that a few times)

I asked this same question last time and was prepared to travel from notts to help him and got a reluctant answer of Birmingham, would have been a freeby by the way Post 74

What area are you in? We are scattered all over the country, I wonder if there is someone on here who would be willing to take a look for you? It could be your cable, it could be your LNB, or it could be trees - it might even be the copper centre on the box end of the cable (seen that a few times)

I'm in West Midlands mate. But don't think anyone near me.

Been told to buy signal checker and other tools but not comfortable with that as it would be a one off.

I asked this same question last time and was prepared to travel from notts to help him and got a reluctant answer of Birmingham, would have been a freeby by the way, Post 74. Post 81 missing!!!

Mate honestly did not mean to cause offence. Really sorry mate.

Due to the type of things we are in for obvious reasons like most didn't feel like giving exact location.

Sorry for causing offence mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, in the past when you have asked for help you have been offered various items from various people at very reasonable prices, including a freeby from a mod and declined (or ignored) the offers. If you do not trust people or cannot understand what they advise you to do we are all at a lost cause.(Including yourself) Good night and God Bless.

I have washed my hands of this thread since post #111

No one knows what you want to happen next apart from you.
Paying anyone for anything is not an option - paying someone to move dish, replace cables or buy a signal finder, all met with a 'no'
Your brother can't do it because he's busy, are they not his parents also?
people have offered to do it for free and that's been met with a cold shoulder

You want everything to 'be like it was' and it's not going to happen - there is no setting, software, download or any other adjustment you can make for free to get the box working. - The dish is now in the wrong place or the cables need replacing, this is going to cost money.
If you can't afford £80 between four of you (at least) then you'll have to manage with channels 1 - 5, people have been falling over themselves to try to help and you appear to make every excuse under the sun to get out of A) spending a single quid and B) attempting to help yourself

This is why I said we are at an impasse - until you change your mind, you may as well throw the box into the nearest skip

Well, in the past when you have asked for help you have been offered various items from various people at very reasonable prices, including a freeby from a mod and declined (or ignored) the offers. If you do not trust people or cannot understand what they advise you to do we are all at a lost cause.(Including yourself) Good night and God Bless.

Mate I didnt ignore anyone or declined anything.

The prices were reasonable I am not doubting that, but where I dont have any sort of income whatsoever any price that seems reasonable seems too far away to actually move forward it. It is embarrassing that I can't afford most things and have to rely on others for certain things to help me.

In terms of trust, in a way your right. I have been scammed, robbed, taken advantage of by most people I thought were legit over the years so that trust has faded completely. But that doesnt mean I dont trust anyone especially people on here who are in to this same stuff like me.

I have given my area numerous times on here. I dont believe anyone has actually asked me for my full address but maybe I am wrong.

I have washed my hands of this thread since post #111

No one knows what you want to happen next apart from you.
Paying anyone for anything is not an option - paying someone to move dish, replace cables or buy a signal finder, all met with a 'no'
Your brother can't do it because he's busy, are they not his parents also?
people have offered to do it for free and that's been met with a cold shoulder

You want everything to 'be like it was' and it's not going to happen - there is no setting, software, download or any other adjustment you can make for free to get the box working. - The dish is now in the wrong place or the cables need replacing, this is going to cost money.
If you can't afford £80 between four of you (at least) then you'll have to manage with channels 1 - 5, people have been falling over themselves to try to help and you appear to make every excuse under the sun to get out of A) spending a single quid and B) attempting to help yourself

This is why I said we are at an impasse - until you change your mind, you may as well throw the box into the nearest skip

Thats entirely your choice.

I havent given anyone a cold shoulder nor have I rejected peoples help.

You can't judge all you want I honestly dont care to be frank. You have no idea what it is like to be in dire straints every day. Its easy for you to say pay this person, pay that to get the issue sorted. But in reality it is not that simple.

My brother does not want to help me that is entirely his choice. I am not a beggar.

I am not making excuses, I am telling you my reality. If that comes as excuses then nothing more I can say.

I don't want any more burden on my parents to help me out. Especially not on this crap which I wanted to sort out myself.

Anyway seems people are peeved off with me and are making false assumptions about me. Carry on.

Wont post in this thread now. It can be closed no problem.

As you said might as well throw it in a skip, that is what its worth anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand you want to figure this out on your own terms. Maybe step back for a day or two, get perspective on the situation. Weigh up whether you want things fixed, or leave as are. If you want to fix, re read this thread in it's entirety.The answer is here, you know box is fine as u tried it elsewhere.
Your issue lies within dish obscured, which I doubt as issue was coming & going intermittently ,lnb itself ,or your cabling.there are simple things u can check, the copper core, of cable, at box connection shouldn't be too long ,about 7mm is fine, the outer mesh or braid is an earth, if any of it is in contact with the copper core, you'll have problems. It was suggested trying a new length of cable from a spare lnb port, if the issue remained it would narrow things to either dish or lnb, which you could tackle with help of a friend or installer. The first few things mentioned will cost you little or nothing to do, the dish / lnb if you can't manage ,is where expense occurs.Whatever you decide, be happy, life will go on regardless ,at the end of the day it's only tv channels

Back