tune failed

Blingking

Hi there can anyone help have zegemma on openvix with sly line has been fine.
Was watching a recording from my hard drive when it ended and i exited out back to the main tv the screen was black
I tried to reboot the box and as soon as its done i get error tune failed sign, i did try and change to itv HD 176 which worked switch over to BBC and got same message, tried itv HD and its also gone no channels clearing not even FTA can anyone please help

Could be a number of things, you cabling to your box, or your lnb is failing would maybe play up more on certain frequencies,
Have you tried leaving your box off for about 5 minutes then retry it later.

Could be a number of things, you cabling to your box, or your lnb is failing would maybe play up more on certain frequencies,
Have you tried leaving your box off for about 5 minutes then retry it later.
Ok im quite a novice at all of this dont know what a lnb is but ill try turning the box off for 5 mins see if it helps thank you

Lnb is the thing your cable is connected to on sat dish.
When that happens try running network test to make sure box has an internet link.
Might your cam have stopped and needs restarting if blank screen?
Movement of channels also happen and might need a new scan if some dont work.

No it still has error tune failed after i turned it back on after 5 mins off, i have notice that when i normally boot the box up it always starts on channel 5, but its booting up and then the info bar at the bottom of the screen shows BBC1 even tho it doesn't clear, just stuck on the openvix screen

When that happens try running network test to make sure box has an internet link.

Hi mate he's been mainly trying freeview like BBC 1 and ITV so its not a cam issue etc, more like his lnb has failed.

Sorry for being a pain how do i run a network test, i have my old sly box should i also try hooking that up to see if the lnb is playing up?

go into network settings on box - device--network test and press ok all should be green as to say its connected to internet.

most users cant get at sat dish if up high ,i am lucky as its just above my flat roof and reachable.

You could connect up another box in place of zgemma to rule out cable/lnb issue, but only WHEN POWERED OFF!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just hooked up
You could connect up another box in place of zgemma to rule out cable/lnb issue, but only WHEN POWERED OFF!
Yeah i cant get to my dish as its a communal one 3 floors up, i did hook up the old sly box while i was waiting for your reply and all the FTA are working so would this still mean problems with the lnb? I'll reconnect the zgemma and do the network test thank you guys so much for trying to help i really appreciate it

No this would say that you may have a problem with your box has if one works and one doesn't its not the LNB. Could be your power lead failing if you have a spare to check had this happen a few times with zgemma power lead failure.

No this would say that you may have a problem with your box has if one works and one doesn't its not the LNB. Could be your power lead failing if you have a spare to check had this happen a few times with zgemma power lead failure.
Ok well at least I have ruled one thing out, not sure if i have a 2nd power lead, do you think it could be a software issue or component issue with my box

As openvix dont support zgemma i wonder how old image is,save your cfg and line details to folder on pc,what softcam are you using to see where your files are?
Newer images might not work with backup restore and setting up from fresh might be needed.
There are a number of meddlers supporting images for that box on tk downloads/support if needed.

You could try and reflash it but don't see why it could be that. Did you backup your image or settings has you may have to install everything again unless you have wooshbuild or something like that on it
No didn't back up anything as i purchased the box already set up 2 yrs ago all i know is its open vix, I just find it strange its booting up and trying to start still on BBC1
I just checked in the software updates and the image & settings weren't selected for backup so no haven't been saved :(

As openvix dont support zgemma i wonder how old image is,save your cfg and line details to folder on pc,what softcam are you using to see where your files are?
Newer images might not work with backup restore and setting up from fresh might be needed.
There are a number of meddlers supporting images for that box on tk downloads/support if needed.
I think the box was first setup in 2015/16, i added the line last august via filezilla myself so i know the line details just dont know what my cfg is sorry for being a pain

dont software update on vix image!
you have not factory reset or reflashed it have you?
menu-info-about-----image release is ?????????

what cam are you using and if line starts with cws its more like in with newcamd.list?

If he can do a screenshot of page via webif we could see info on box

Very Strange just tried a software update and it only managed half and said it was checking in the background for something, but basically it froze so i couldnt exit out of the screen, turned it off plugged back in and it booted up and is clearing now ??? dont understand its been our for nearly 2 hours, maybe i dont trust the box now have to see how i get on, just asking advice could i remove this software and reinstall wooshbuild from fresh or is it better to stay with openvix guys.... thank you nicoj24 & cactikid for your help your real diamonds

box might not have had an internet connection or rebooting cleared a bug that was stored.

DONT EVER FACTORY RESET OR SOFTWARE UPDATE WITH OPENVIX ON ZGEMMA.

you cant remove software/image on box but you overwrite it with flashing a new image.

dont software update on vix image!
you have not factory reset or reflashed it have you?
menu-info-about-----image release is ?????????
No i havent reset it or nothing. i didnt even flash it originally think the cam is CCcam.2.3.0 dont think my line starts with cws its just C:

box might not have had an internet connection or rebooting cleared a bug that was stored.

DONT EVER FACTORY RESET OR SOFTWARE UPDATE WITH OPENVIX ON ZGEMMA.
Yes i have been told not to ever factory reset so i did know that, but didnt know about software update, thanks mate. to tell the truth dont like meddling in the setting of the box, which i dont know about so tend not to change anything if i can help it

Ok 2.3.0 line details were more than likely sent to / etc with filezilla CCam.cfg

As i said before there is no openvix image made for zgemma as they call it a clone box,people modify the image of another box to use on zgemma hence why dont do software update.

Ok 2.3.0 line details were more than likely sent to / etc with filezilla CCam.cfg

As i said before there is no openvix image made for zgemma as they call it a clone box,people modify the image of another box to use on zgemma hence why dont do software update.
Oh ok thank you for letting me know all this, so really i would be better changing the box to wooshbuild do you think?
I have seen some vids on utube on people doing it from scratch but how would i remove the open vix from the box

Oh ok thank you for letting me know all this, so really i would be better changing the box to wooshbuild do you think?
I have seen some vids on utube on people doing it from scratch but how would i remove the open vix from the box
You dont need to remove anything, just go to the wooshbuild infinity installation page and follow the instructions. Flashing the box removes everything that was there before. Make sure you have a copy of your line for reinstalling later

Back