'tune failed'

pigeon87

hi, just received my zgemma box and my cline today so been trying to set them up. after countless hours of trying to flash my box (I placed the full sucmnsee folder onto the hdd instead of just the zgemma folder) Ive finally flashed the box, followed numerous helpful steps from sucmnsee but now I stuck. Ive managed to search for the channels and they all come up when I click EPG on my remote yet it doesn't tell you whats on at what time and also when I go to watch a channel the error 'tune failed' comes up all the time.

The step I got to on sucmnsee list was '(Just change provider in service searching/ autoboquetmaker to your local, 'start scan' and add ur line ;-)' Im taking ive done something right if the channel list has come up but not a list of programs or even being able to view the channel? as you will guess this is my first time at any of these boxes and im a total NEWBIE.

You guys have already helped me with a few basic questions and hopefully you guys can help me some more.....thankyou

First make sure both sat cables in right place.
Using top one and bottom right as you look at it. Lnb directly under other is empty.
Make sure u have usb in and initialised and rebooted. Sets paths.
Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquets maker
Start scan
Reboot
Menu
Setup
Crossepg
Download now.

Some of that may be unnecessary but should work.

Its maybe cause i had them cables in the wrong ones. But mine sounds in a different order.

LNB IN

LOOP OUT. TUNER B

TUNER A (LNB IN in brackets above it)

the top two are above one another and tuner a is to the right by itself

I had them in LNB IN and LOOP OUT TUNER B, should i have them in tuner a and tuner b then?

Last edited:
Yes a and b. Loop left empty.
Badly labelled on box though.
So use top and right. Bottom left empty

Thanks for the help (once again) i should of maybe just read the back on the box instead of just plugging them in and trying it haha. Ill give it a go now, no doubt ill mess this up again somehow and ask another silly question haha

---------- Post Merged at 10:07 AM ----------

Was just wondering aswell. When ive flashed my box do i delete all 3 folders or just the zgemma and leave the other 2 folders on? Cause i just deleted the z gemma. Once i plugged them in the right ones i got a pic on channel 5 but no sound and thats the only one that works so ill go through the rest of the steps and hope it works

Cheers for the help, got it all running bar the sly channels. Just been told its because i havnt used ccam 2.3.0 so then i should be up and running. Thanks very much. Excited by seeing the freeview channels working haha

wont let me update epg keep getting this >>> crossepg error timeout for tuner lock <<< any ideas thnx

---------- Post Merged at 11:33 AM ----------

crossepg error timeout for tuner lock

when i do the scan it comes up saying >>> autobouquetsmaker timeout for tuner lock

---------- Post Merged at 12:09 PM ----------

on the autoboutiquesmaker configure should set up mode be expert or simple ?

Have you done as above and checked both cables are ok in both correct connections to LNB? Or do you only have one sat feed going to box? If so change tuner B to nothing connected or not configured and then try again

Thanks for coming back on with the outcome. When I'm asked to set these up I either place a cap from splitters over the loop or use tape if no caps to try and prevent connection mixups.

Back