Tune Failed

msc1

Hi guys, looking for some help. Got a H2H setup with a Vermin line, but quite a few of the channels will not clear, they are only saying 'Tune Failed' such as Sly Sports News HD as well as some other SD and HD channels. Whats odd is Sly Sports 1 HD works and some others, leading me to believe this is a channel frequency problem. I have tried scanning and configuring the Auto Bouquets but they just will not clear. Also, looking in Last Scanned, they don't appear there either. Any ideas how I can resolve this? Thanks!

Yea ID is as it should, everything screwed in. I'm using a 1000hz splitter. The channels that do work are perfect, including some Sly HD ones, but I've noticed the ones that are missing are not even being found when scanning.

This could be down to a lack of signal to the zgemma. Some people suffer more than others with signal. There is no way of telling due to the signal strength measurement isn't right on the zgemma.

Hmm, would a weak signal cause the issue where it's not even pulling the channels that give me the tune failed error when I'm scanning? The signal on Sly Sports 1 HD for example is perfect so thought my signal strength was strong

It could possibly be the cause - a few channels dont even show up in my bouquets.
what you could try is a direct vm cable feed without a splitter, if your capable of doing that

Yea could give that a go, was so happy when I thought I was back in the HD game after running SD for the last year lol.

Yea have run Autobouqets, and being from Manchester have tried the 2 potential ID's. I tried Leeds but didn't get anything back. I have a tratec splitter already on too. Not sure if it's possible to manually scan for a channel like you could on the Openbox?

Yeah can manual scan, the ideal way of getting channels is through autobouquets though.

besure you have the same net id in the tuner config as well as the autobouquets >providers section

Cool. Thanks for the suggestions, will feedback how I get on. Open to more suggestions if anyone else has come across this :)

So I connected the main feed into the Zgemma tnite and...... (drumroll) CHANNELS WORKING PERFECT! Turns out it seems to be the coax cable that was causing the issue as when swapping it with the one that was connected to my router it sorted it. Guess the Zgemma is particular about cables as my router is working perfectly, dare I say BETTER with the cable that the Zgemma was struggling with

I had the same issue and it was driving me nuts - in the end I found out that the connection to the f connecter that plugs in to the rf in is the problem - many cables have the copper wire just below the f connecter on the cable and once you attach the rf connecter on to that the copper wire isn't connected as it should so therefore losing some signal strength especially on the h2h box - I cut the wire and left an extra mm of copper and it sorted the problem - hopefully this will help others out struggling with this issue

Back