Tuner B - No Signal

webb111

Hello,

I have a Zgemma Star H2, setup with Virgin Cable connection into Tuner B. I had Wooshbuild installed working with a line perfectly for a couple of weeks, until one day it no longer worked.

I'm now getting 0 signal when I check via Service Searching.

Here's there things I have tried so far;

Rebooted Everything,
Re-ended my cables,
Reflashed Wooshbuild.

with no luck.

I have also checked a satellite cable into tuner A which works perfectly.

I'm now thinking it's maybe hardware related? Could the tuner have blown up? Or can Virgin turn off TV at their end?? I still have Virgin BB though.

Any further suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

FYI until you get a picture clearing on the screen for cable, the signal finder wont show any signal at all.

If you have V*rgin internet and that's working fine, it's unlikely to be an issue with the supply. Do the normal versions of channels 1-5 clear? (NOT the HD versions).

FYI until you get a picture clearing on the screen for cable, the signal finder wont show any signal at all.

If you have V*rgin internet and that's working fine, it's unlikely to be an issue with the supply. Do the normal versions of channels 1-5 clear? (NOT the HD versions).

Thanks for the reply, no, they are showing nothing at all. The only thing I can think it that Tuner B has developed a fault after a couple of weeks, not sure how i can tell if its the box without buying another though!

Check you've got everything set up correctly - Use the guide in my sig and go through it very carefully.

Check you've got everything set up correctly - Use the guide in my sig and go through it very carefully.
Hi Thanks Very much, I've been through your thread, although I have to download AutoBoquetMaker for the Star H2, I just reflashed, changed splitter, changed F socket adapter, changed cables and still 0% signal on FTA channels!

No idea what else to try now!

Scrap that, just left BBC 1 on for a few mins and its found signal! 73%!! And all channels now working with Testline.

Not sure what'd has fixed it. But we'll see how long it lasts. Cheers

Yeah as said, you'll only get a signal level showing once you've got a channel clearing as you've found out now you have BBC 1 working... I suggest you install ABM and go through my H2.H guide in my sig as it's quite similar setup wise to the H2.

I've found that simply rebooting the box a few times sometimes works.

You'd have thought once would be enough but a few times its taken two or three reboots

Hi guys, back to square one again with the box. I had everything working perfectly yesterday but it's not working again today, literally nothing has changed with my setup. Pulling my hair out!

Wooshbuild is available for your box - download it and start from the beginning using my H2.H guide.

Wooshbuild has ABM on it by default - it's just all configuring which is explained in detail in my guide.

Hi thanks for the reply again, just tried reflashing it again, get to ABM start scan and get error 'Tuning failed fatal'.

No channels clearing before that.

Also Im loading Wooshbuild v6, maybe i should try v5? Although i cant find a download for it

Last edited:
Just to update this post, my box had a dodgy tuner B. Sent it back for repair and now all is in working order.

Thanks for your help.

Im having issues with one my turners one show singal other one not then but when i can get turner b to show signal turner A etc how do i check indervial tuners. thanks

Im having issues with one my turners one show singal other one not then but when i can get turner b to show signal turner A etc how do i check indervial tuners. thanks

Start a thread for this as it's likely to be totally unrelated.

Back