Tuner error on some channels

Senior26

Hi, I've set up a box at my sister's house and everything is great apart from some channels get a tuner error. I'm use the net I.d that I found on her genuine vm box. For example most sly and slyhd are working but I get a tuner error on premiersports,ss4hd and sly1(ss4 standard def works). Has anyone got any suggestions or maybe a set list of settings for epg,abm. I've done 4 boxes and not had an issue but this is the first time I've set one up with a different net I.d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you've set the net id in tuner config and in abm and scanned but some channels still don't work, it might be a signal issue - some channels have different signal quality so you need to check cables / splitters if in use etc.

If you've set the net id in tuner config and in abm and scanned but some channels still don't work, it might be a signal issue - some channels have different signal quality so you need to check cables / splitters if in use etc.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've done all those checks all ready and everything is spot on. I'm going to check my box at mine and compare settings. I don't think anything is different as I'm using exactly the same image, could it be a weak area?

Thanks for the quick reply. I've done all those checks all ready and everything is spot on. I'm going to check my box at mine and compare settings. I don't think anything is different as I'm using exactly the same image, could it be a weak area?

Did you check signal strength in service searching? ... best bet like you say is to try it at yours - if it works there then you know it's something to do with cables / splitters / signal.

Did you check signal strength in service searching? ... best bet like you say is to try it at yours - if it works there then you know it's something to do with cables / splitters / signal.

Thanks mate, I will try your suggestions tomorrow. Your help is really appreciated

Thanks mate, I will try your suggestions tomorrow. Your help is really appreciated

Apparently all the channels are working now, and I haven't even changed or touched anything

Reactions: ste

It's gone off again, some channels not working again...could it be that it is from a superhub3? The box is a star h2

I've never had a problem with connecting a zgemma box to a superhub 3 and i've had at least a dozen connected to mine.

I've never had a problem with connecting a zgemma box to a superhub 3 and i've had at least a dozen connected to mine.

The only thing I can think of that's different to my setup at home is....I have the main feed split into my router and my box(same box model as problem box) the problem box has one feed split into a genuine vm box,router and problem sh2. I'm thinking that I may need a better splitter/cables and possibly a booster?

Plus they are exactly the same brand splitter/cables I've done on 3 boxes, one of which also has a genuine vm box on it but an old vm router

Well, it's a two way splitter after vm's own two way. I was going to get them a 3 way but had no problem before and got told it should be ok, I'll check brand and frequency now, thanks for being patient and brilliant

So he has a 3 way splitter? ... what brand and frequency is it do you know?

3aed0214af0d2d0e368771665ffbe605.png

No problem - if all that doesn't work which it should because it's all good quality kit then it could be a signal strength issue in which case, a powered splitter may be needed but see how those go first.

Back