Tuning Fatal Error

Sune

Hi all,

Bought a box with a gift, worked fine for 5 months. Sent it back not working had SD Freeview channels but nothing. Sent it back, its come back to me and I have tried searching on ABM and just says tuning failed fatal.

The net ID is showing as 40975 for Basildon and it was working on this net id before, I don't know if VM have changed it, of course they will not give any info. I have tried all 4 Basildon Net ID codes as well. I am wondering if they change them often?

The EPGP import also does not work, I don't know if that is related? On my EPGP the BBC location is Yorkshire, and I am in Basildon, will that make it not tune?

Box has internet and IPTV works fine.

Is there anything else that I can change to try and get it to work, guy i bought it from is not being that helpful.

To rule it out I am changing the cables just to make sure it isn't a cable issue.

Please help =/

Cheers

the epgimporter may just need updating as there have been changes with the source, remove the epgimporter plugin and then reinstall it and select the (new) rytec UK sat/virgin (xz version) source.

try doing an automatic scan Menu -> setup -> service Searching -> Automatic scan, that should scan each of the selected tuners. If all scans OK then retry an abm scan.

Hey,

Thanks for your reply, thats the error that comes up when I try an automatic scan on all of the net id's that it shows for Basildon. Tuning Failed Fatal

Ill try re-installing the EPG plugin when I get in tonight. I have disabled the sky tuner as those channels are off now.

Yeah I will do tonight, bought a new splitter and new cables so hopefully that will solve the problem. Do I need to set the actual location in ABM?

I am not getting any channels whatsoever, before when tuning was saying fatal I would get 1-5 SD channels now none so I am guess it is the cable.

Will update you later, thanks for your help

Update, changed the splitter and cable and we have lift off! All scanned in and working

Epgp however is still not downloading. Removed it and reinstalled it as above but it doesn’t import any events. Added a few sources on there but it doesn’t import anything. HD is attached and working fine.

Thanks for your help before any idea on the epgp issue?!

Back