Tv reception

bitterman

Not sure where to post this.
Im having problems with bbc freeview reception on an east coast caravan site. Reset aerial, cleared epg and retuned tv. Not sure what to try next. All other channels are ok.

sometimes i find the odd channel goes funny even on my saorview box and next day its perfect even they can have issues,what strength between channels does it say.

The signal bar on all other channels is full. Can't get signal on bbc. Bbc hd is full signal bar but pixilating. This started last year and was hoping it would be better this season but its seems worse. I have 2 tvs running through a powered splitter and same issue on both.

The signal bar on all other channels is full. Can't get signal on bbc. Bbc hd is full signal bar but pixilating. This started last year and was hoping it would be better this season but its seems worse. I have 2 tvs running through a powered splitter and same issue on both.

have you tried without the splitter.?

Last season tried linking straight through and got nothing. Its in a caravan and all cables hidden. Only way I could do it with any confidence is to attach separate coax from aerial straight to tv.

About 10 years. Looks ok have re done all joints.
What I dont understand is why its only bbc i am having problems with.

Hi yes sorted thanks. After trying different aerials indoor and outdoor I tracked problem to the coax between aerial and splitter box. Ran new cable now perfect.

Back