Twin or Monoblock installer

stlark

hi, does anybody know of any decent sat installers in Leicester?
I cant seem to find one that can install a 80cm dish with two lnb pointing at hotbird and arabsat in Leicester. I have a technomate nano with two cable and one sat tuners and I also have a tv with freesat .
all the ones I called are trying to fob me off with sky dishes.
thanks.

hi, does anybody know of any decent sat installers in Leicester?
I cant seem to find one that can install a 80cm dish with two lnb pointing at hotbird and arabsat in Leicester. I have a technomate nano with two cable and one sat tuners and I also have a tv with freesat .
all the ones I called are trying to fob me off with sky dishes.
thanks.
If the Arabsat you mean is Badr 26E then you will need a 1M dish pointed straight at it to get a decent signal.

thanks for your reply, I was told by saterllitesuperstore that 80cm would be enough to get Badr 4 at 26E and hotbird 19E on same dish.
unless some has one already and can help/advise before fitting.

thanks for your reply, I was told by saterllitesuperstore that 80cm would be enough to get Badr 4 at 26E and hotbird 19E on same dish.
unless some has one already and can help/advise before fitting.
I have my 1M motorized dish pointed at 26E, the signal Quality level is between 40 & 50% on most transponders on Badr 4, just 4 transponders have over 50%, one has 63%, anything below 40 & the picture will start to break up, when it's raining these signals are lower.
So in my opinion you need a 1M dish.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I have my 1M motorized dish pointed at 26E, the signal Quality level is between 40 & 50% on most transponders on Badr 4, just 4 transponders have over 50%, one has 63%, anything below 40 & the picture will start to break up, when it's raining these signals are lower.
So in my opinion you need a 1M dish or more to get 26E.

View attachment 23099 View attachment 23100 View attachment 23101

thats what this place says too for size
http://www.satbeams.com/footprints

thats what this place says too for size
Thank's for that, it actually says 85cm for Leicester, but a 1m dish would be better as my position says 1M & the signals are not great.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Ah,
I never zoomed in, I just clicked somewhere in the UK, my bad, but it must be borderline then, so for what little I know I'd err on the side of caution, no point wasting money on an 85cm if its going to disappoint.

thank you Mike & Steptoe for your comments.
its something to think about, still looking for someone to come and give an estimate.

thank you Mike & Steptoe for your comments.
its something to think about, still looking for someone to come and give an estimate.

Back