Twin sat tuner v sat and cable

pepsi

Hi,
Before I bought my box, I knew there was a twin sat tuner box, and a sat / cable tuner box. I opted for the sat and cable box, as I thought it would give me more flexibility in the future. I now think I bought the wrong box, but it's too late now...

Anyway, does that mean, I can only watch or record one channel at any time? For instance, I thought I'd be able to record channel 1, and watch channel 2, but when I attempt to do this, it's giving me an error.

I just wanted to double check, if the above is correct, or if there's an issue with my setup, or a workaround, and I would be able to watch one channel and record another.

Is there any way of receiving any channels (even freeview) on the second tuner, without having a cable provider. I've put in a normal aerial cable to the rf, but nothing is being picked up.

Note - I do have a second sky cable, coming from the dish, hanging lose at the side of the box, because there's no input on the zgemma box for that.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You can only record the channel your watching
Unless you are using both the sat and cable tunners.

---------- Post Merged at 06:06 PM ----------

You wanted the h2s.

You should get terrestrial channels actually mate
As its cable and terrestrial

Go
Menu
Setup
Service searching
Tunner configuration
And change to terrestrial from cable.

Go
Menu
Setup
Service searching
Tunner configuration

Many thanks. I've changed the second tuner from cable to terrestrial, then had to select the local area, and it found ~168 channels.

Go
Menu
Setup
Service searching
Tunner configuration

Many thanks. I've changed the second tuner from cable to terrestrial, then had to select the local area, and it found ~168 channels.

It will do for now till you get vm broadband installed then you have full HD lol
Any more probs give me a shout mate

Back