Twin Tuner Box Available?

lukieno1

Hi all,

Any twin tuner cable boxes available for decent vermin recording? Or am I better sticking with my zGemma H1 Combo?

Thanks

there are quite a few available it's all down to budget you can get a vu+ solo SE V2 with a twin tuner, vu+ duo 2 with twin tuner, xtrend et8000 or mutant twin tuner box.

To be honest I've been oggling over the vu+ duo2 with a twin sat and single cable tuner........not been oggling over the price too much though lol

vu+ duo 2 is a lovely box as i've got one, a few members from here have upgraded to it and are over the moon with it. It's all down to budget but its my first box and cannot comment on others.

I'm not aware any zgemma twin tuner cable boxes, yet! Solo2 is twin sat but can run the vu turbo cable usb tuner ( I have one ) but only one tuner still for cable, I have found the xtrend et8000 with twin cable and single sat tuner to the best value option, internal hdd too and very speedy. I also have the et10000 with 2 of each tuners but I find the sat tuners get very little usage so triple tuner et8000 was/is good enough for me although would love a vu 4k box, although pointless at the moment as we don't even get hd on sly.....would like a duo2 aswell lol

**Stupid Question Alert!!**

How come there aren't any boxes that work in a similar way to Vermin's box, single feed but multiple recordings

Would like to know the tech reason behind this

---------- Post Merged at 07:47 PM ----------

I'm not aware any zgemma twin tuner cable boxes, yet! Solo2 is twin sat but can run the vu turbo cable usb tuner ( I have one ) but only one tuner still for cable, I have found the xtrend et8000 with twin cable and single sat tuner to the best value option, internal hdd too and very speedy. I also have the et10000 with 2 of each tuners but I find the sat tuners get very little usage so triple tuner et8000 was/is good enough for me although would love a vu 4k box, although pointless at the moment as we don't even get hd on sly.....would like a duo2 aswell lol

Oooooooh 4K menu's!!!!!! lol

some of the boxes have a loop through so that one feed can be looped through to other tuners, vu+ have a dual tuner cards.

Back