Two lines on one box.

afterburn

Ok I have got the miraclebox up and running after a lot of difficulty (mostly my own doing might i add) I have my nline in mgcamd, Disappointing with the glitching as this line was pretty glitch free on my skybox. Can I put my cline on as well and run both simultaneously. I used to this on the skybox and it made for a pretty stable setup.
Thanks.

The more lines you have on doesnt give you more stable viewing.Just use the line that is the best;)

as the guy says above

what happens is lines fight with each other sometimes and there can be problems
lets say this:

line one is a uk server that has all channels apart from lets say xxx
line 2 is from a uk person and has the xxx

you watch a xxx channel at night and think nothing off it, BUT line 1 server 1 will still get requests for that xxx channel and will give reports that you are trying to watch a channel he /she does serve
this will off course PEE the person off, you wont know as you think XXX is ok from line 2

best to try and just stuck to one line

Personally I have 3 1x n and 2x c's running on a skybox without many problems but I'm sure with a better server and box 1 would surfice.

Multisat is the only reason you should run more than 1 line.Or as satman says your missing summat but can cause issues withh both trying to login.@jimp your box cannot login to more than 1 at a time so pointless having all them lines.

the good service providers will send you one line that covers both uk and european servers.

When i had the 2 on the skybox some times if would use the CCcam and on other channels it would use the MGcamd without any issues. I'll acknowledge that those who have replied know more than me so I'll stick to one. Thanks guys!

So hows the miraclebox and what problem did you have when setting it up afterburn. did you have the vix image pre installed.

So hows the miraclebox and what problem did you have when setting it up afterburn. did you have the vix image pre installed.
Yes the vix image came pre installed. All was going fine during setup until until i came to service searching. The automatic channel scan kept saying no satellite connected. Obviously I was doing something wrong but it was late and i was getting more frustrated by the minute. Anyway I had to go into advanced configuration and enter satellite , mode etc manually. I got the scan done. Got auto boquets e2 from plugin>extensions. This is actually very good. using cross epg which is also excellent. Picons from plugin>download plugins>extensions. Some excellent ones on here as well. Now to the little matter of Softcam. I rooted about for ages looking for the right version, anyway CCcam 2.14 and MGcamd 1.38 ipk. Can be downloaded from world of sat. Filezilla connected sweetly first time but no matter how i tried i could not get my line in the var/keys file. What was I doing wrong. The answer I had the mg_cfg file and the newcamd list file still in the mgcamd file. Once I took them from the file and dragged them to var/keys i cracked it. Pretty straight forward from there really, back to the box and softcam manager. 03.45 am afterburn retires to bed. Not bad for a 46 year old firefighter.(y)

Brillant. So will the box auto scan if your channels move to a different frequency so you don't have to mess finding then and updating channel lists. looking at getting one of these boxes myself in the mini box will the hdd go inside.

Yes the auto scan can be set to a convenient time so as you don't have to re tune. As for the hdd I didn't get one as i have an external 1tb one. It's quite small(The miraclebox that is). I think it wouldn't fit inside although I stand to be corrected on this. All in all it's a great piece of kit. I'm sorry didn't get the double tuner as you can stream a different channel to your pc, laptop or whatever. For the extra £20 it would have been well worth it!

Back