ET8500 QUAD TUNER Two tuner xtrend 8500 for cable

dangerous

TK Veteran
Hi all
If anyone has a xtrend 8500 with two cable tuners, please can you give some feedback on your setup.
Basically ive got my xtrend set up with two tuners using cable, now when I record BBC 2 HD and try to watch Channel 4 HD the picture on the second tuner is blocky/unwatchable.
Can anyone who has the same setup try this please and report back.
My setup works absolutely flawless with any other receiver but not the xtrend 8500.
I've exhausted any potential problems with my setup including trying the receiver at 4 different locations and swapping the receiver with another to eliminate a dodgy receiver.
Tried open ATV 5.2, openATV 5.3, openvix latest and the issue is there for me on any setup.

Can someone please check there setup and report back.
[emoji27]

Last edited:
I'm having the exact same problem using the latest vix image. Tried replacing splitter/cables ect with no luck. I've disabled Tuner 2 for the time being and using the main cable for Tuner 1. That seems to have made a difference but it's not perfect. Not tried any other cams or images yet. It's a strange one.My Miracle twin tuner runs fine on the same setup. Let me know if you get to the bottom of it,and I'll give you a shout if I get this one sorted.

Believe me I've tried allsorts and can't get to the bottom of it. I've now made the suppliers aware of the problem and informed them should anyone on here come forward I will pass the information on as I can't be on my own. I'll keep you updated should I find anything out, thanks for replying :-)

mmm that's worrying I am about to set one up tomorrow.
Did you trying looping out of tuner 1 and into tuner 2?

cheers

Tried that and separate cables from reliable splitters and even a HDU

Please let us know how you get on

That's not good news. Probably worth raising a post on *** forum as a potential bug? That way, the developers will promptly investigate....

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

That does work yes so why I thought VIX was fine over ATV but now since 4.2.1 you've highlighted it isn't working again :(

May have to install 4.1 rather than 4.2 tomorrow and then await a fix.

Pretty frustrating as 4.2 requires a total reflash and reconfiguration.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

General update, a quick fix for the problems myself and others have been experiencing is to use open vix 4.1.016
Hopefully there will be some sort of software update in the near future

For anyone following this thread, it's looking like it's a driver issue which has now been reported to the vix team.
Hopefully the issue will be resloved in the next build and we can enjoy this receiver to its full potential
I'm just glad it's now been recognised, been faffing around with this receiver for weeks, nearly cost me a divorce lol.

Back