uk IPTV channels working on 4g but not on WIFI

joysleep1

Hi GUys

I bought an iptv package a few days ago but the strange thing is all of the UK channels are not working on my WIFI but when i turn it off and my 4g connection is up, the channels work. It can not be a bandwith issue because i have 72mb download speed which is way more faster than my 4g.

What could be causing this?

But it's only sometimes. Sometimes times it works on my WiFi and sometimes it doesn't. But on my 4g it always works. So it doesn't make sense my isp is the problem. I have no firewall and have turned off parental control. Really strange

Your point of, I have 72mb download so it cannot be bandwidth is technically not correct. Just because your line can handle 72mb, does not mean you are getting 72mb at all times.

It could be then the times you are having issues that the local exchange is being overloaded, all of your neighbours could be demanding internet and it's having a knock on effect.

Also, when your service suffers on WiFi, what else is using WiFi in the house? Not sure what device you are using, but can you connect an Ethernet? I assume not, as I guess you are using a phone/tablet.

If my son downloads on his PS4, then I suffer streaming. Even though my speed test still says 38mb download. Stop the ps4 and it works perfectly again.

There are then things like ISP traffic management to consider.

Back