Unable to connect Zgemma-star 2S to Virgin Router by ethernet cable

davem99

Hi

I have had a Zgemma-star 2S for about four months and it has worked perfectly connected by an ethernet cable to a BT Home Hub receiving around 12meg.

Four days ago I changed broadband supplier to Virgin Media receiving 53meg. Since then I have been unable to view channels as the ethernet cable does not seem to be connecting the two devices. The yellow light flashes on the Virgin router and a green light flashes on the Zgemma box but no channels apart from free to air.

I still have BT broadband active and as soon as I reconnect the ethernet cable to the BT Home Hub the picture comes back in a few seconds.

The Virgin Router works fine with an ethernet wired connection to both my Sony Blu Ray player and my laptop. It also work wirelessly with my NowTV box and all the phones and tablets in the house as well as my laptop.

I have rebooted my Virgin Router twice and also run a factory reset but this has made no difference.

I have also turned off both BT and Virgin routers, rebooted Zgemma, waited fve minutes, turned on Virgin router, waited 10 minutes and then rebooted Zgemma again as advised on another thread I read elsewhere but this didn't solve the problem.

The Zgemma appears in the list of devices connected wirelessly to my Virgin Router.

It all appears to be correct when running a network test of Zgemma box as shown by this image from what I can tell.

I am stumped.

If anyone on here has any idea of the issue(s) causing this problem I would be very grateful for any assistance.

Regards

Dave

SH has gigabit ports, some of these boxes have issues connecting to giga ports, try an old router without giga ports set up as an access point or homeplugs and see if it works...

Try to disable the routers firewall

Makes no difference

Thanks anyway.

---------- Post Merged at 03:48 PM ----------

Many many thanks for that snapper93. Solved the issue straight away after days of trying. i would never have messed with that sort of stuff without a heads up from someone. Thanks again.

Regards

Dave

---------- Post Merged at 03:49 PM ----------

Many many thanks for that snapper93. Solved the issue straight away after days of trying. i would never have messed with that sort of stuff without a heads up from someone. Thanks again.

Regards Dave

---------- Post Merged at 03:51 PM ----------

Regards Dave

Regards

I have a WiFi dongle connected but I get freezing every now and then even though it's only for a few seconds it's still very frustrating. I have a good Internet connection through fibre would it be better if I switches to a Ethernet cable?
I guess what I'm saying is what's better wired or wireless connection?
Any advise would be appreciated

Regards
Jay

Im having the same issue - however mine has been working and all of sudden stopped - got a replacement line from my provider, ftp it as usual and still not working, however online account the line shows active, it has my public ip next to it so i know its my ip address, i went from the wireless dongle to ethernet to see if that made a differance no luck.

I have taken the zgemma receiver to my friends who runs VM Broadband also, plugged on his ethernet cable worked fine, only differance is he has a superhub 3 i have one of the original superhubs, now I can't see that being the problem, but to get a new superhub, which I might not even need they want me to upgrade my package and charge me x amount for the superhub too - do it really need it

I have tried Snapper post, that didnt work for me

@snapper - I just took receipt of a ne VM router and couldn't get any pictures. I searched here and came up with your post which led to the solution - first time. I know this saved me much frustration not to mention the abuse the kids and dog were in for!! So many thanks, much appreciated

Back