Unable to update Zgemma box 2s to latest whooshbuild software

stevo1992

Zgemma box is not picking up the usb when booting up.

I have the software installed correctly on to the USB.

Can someone point me in the direction to where they downloaded the software and I will try a fresh download?

Try using the ipab image if wooshbuild wont flash,Use the link to the wooshmans download page

Zgemma box is not picking up the usb when booting up.

I have the software installed correctly on to the USB.

Can someone point me in the direction to where they downloaded the software and I will try a fresh download?
Make sure your image is force and not noforce no force means you have to hold the power button down for so long for it to start and flash and make sure the file says Zgemma and force means it will automatically start to flash after a couple of seconds if that helps there is ipab as someone has posted but I rate wooshbuild better than ipab

Make sure your image is force and not noforce no force means you have to hold the power button down for so long for it to start and flash and make sure the file says Zgemma and force means it will automatically start to flash after a couple of seconds if that helps there is ipab as someone has posted but I rate wooshbuild better than ipab

Hey where can I see if it is force or noforce? within the zgemma image file?

I just see within the image zgemma file there is a file called 'noforce' so will I need to install a new image with force or can I just delete this file with the image?

Hey!
How can I get to that do you know? Sorry new to this :(
double click on the zgemma file that opens another file double click on that there will be four files
Mine says force which flashes automatically
Image version
kernel.bin
rootfs.bin
if one of your files says no force change to force

double click on the zgemma file that opens another file double click on that there will be four files
Mine says force which flashes automatically
Image version
kernel.bin
rootfs.bin
if one of your files says no force change to force

Cheers for the reply

Changed to force and tried.. Same thing box is just booting up as if there are no USB inserted

Yeah its in the back under LAN cable
Have you got the right image for your box or you can go on google and type ipab download and try that image have you formatted your USB to fat32
you can boot up with the image already on the box and then in Software Manager select Flash online Local devices browse to the zgemma h3 folder on your usb stick and try that if all else fails for you

Yeah formatted my USB.
Downloaded the correct image for zgemma 2s.

So download Ipab seems like last resort lol

Cheers for the help :)

Yeah its in the back under LAN cable

I can't explain why......maybe someone else knows, but I can never flash my box using the rear USB, it only ever flashes using the front USB, so I wouldn't rule out trying your USB in there and trying to flash.

Tried that to but getting error when trying to open Software Manager..

I also tried to flash the ipab image just now and also doesn't recognize that either.

Is it a must that sky lead needs to be connected to the box even though its IPTV? Or is HDMI/LAN/Power all thats needed?

can only be a few things stopping the box from reading/flashing from the usb:

image is set as 'nofoce' but user error by not pressing front power button directly after turning box on via the rear power button
image not correct for box
image not loaded correctly on usb
usb not in the correct state for the box to read from it...

[a used USB often but not always needs to be low level formatted before a full windows fat 32 format to place the usb in a state the box can read from it, this causes a lot of confusion with many saying zgemma's are fussy flashing from usb's.... while its true a few usb's may not work regardless how you prepare them the vast majority of usb's will flash IF prepared correctly...98% of the time the issue turns out to be an error made rather than a faulty usb, this is why people recommend using a small capacity usb to flash the box as it takes a long time to prep larger usb's...use 2gb/4gb/8gb to flash & mount larger drives as hdd for storage/media when going through the image/system settings after the box has been flashed]

Flashing via usb is the most important as this way will recover a box that is stuck on boot but there are other ways you can flash your box if it is already working: online flash using the remotes menu or ftp the backup image directly to the hdd you already have mounted to the box then navigate via the remotes menu & flash from the backup.

Last edited:
can only be a few things stopping the box from reading/flashing from the usb:

image is set as 'nofoce' but user error by not pressing front power button directly after turning box on via the rear power button
image not correct for box
image not loaded correctly on usb
usb not in the correct state for the box to read from it...

[a used USB often but not always needs to be low level formatted before a full windows fat 32 format to place the usb in a state the box can read from it, this causes a lot of confusion with many saying zgemma's are fussy flashing from usb's.... while its true a few usb's may not work regardless how you prepare them the vast majority of usb's will flash IF prepared correctly...98% of the time the issue turns out to be an error made rather than a faulty usb, this is why people recommend using a small capacity usb to flash the box as it takes a long time to prep larger usb's...use 2gb/4gb/8gb to flash & mount larger drives as hdd for storage/media when going through the image/system settings after the box has been flashed]

Flashing via usb is the most important as this way will recover a box that is stuck on boot but there are other ways you can flash your box if it is already working: online flash using the remotes menu or ftp the backup image directly to the hdd you already have mounted to the box then navigate via the remotes menu & flash from the backup.

Thanks for reply...

I have done a full format on USB and added a new image of wooshbuild v5 from there site.
Added it to the USB making sure one of the files is 'force'
Ive wiped the zgemma box and entered in USB.
I got 'USB' on screen then 'Boot' then it started booting from what looks to be a very old version of openvix. So it didnt work :(

No idea what I am doing wrong lol

The obvious answer is to try another usb but I suspect it to be you havnt used hddguru or similar to low-level-format the usb before running a full windows fat 32 format...
as your box boots up fully you could bypass using a usb by mounting the hdd you wish to use for storage/media then put the image on that drive via filezilla

Last edited:
Back