Uninstall xtream TV plugin.

Hi I'm wanting to know how to uninstall the plugin because I'm having problems with new test lines I want to view. When I go to remove plugins I can't find the extension so I can't remove it any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi what you need to do is To full remove XtreamTV you need to use putty and telnet into your box, then type

opkg remove XtreamTV

what is .putty and telnet
Putty is a Telnet client, you can download it from here
Telnet is basically a system that allows computers within an IP network communicate with each other (Just google that, I'm not great at explaining this kind of thing).

The use in terms of Enigma2 is we can send commands to the box from Putty using our PCs, in the case above, by asking it to remove Xtream TV (opkg remove XtreamTV). There's plenty of putty tutorials on this site if you use the search function or use google if you really want to understand it's broader use.

To completely remove all evidence of a plugin, FTP into your box and go to usr > lib > enigma2 > python > plugins > extensions. Then delete the relevant plugin folder.

To completely remove all evidence of a plugin, FTP into your box and go to usr > lib > enigma2 > python > plugins > extensions. Then delete the relevant plugin folder.
This doesn't remove it from the plugin database the box holds though and will still think the plugin is installed. In the case of the xtream plugin, it normally needs to be removed using the opkg remove command given above (if it isn't listed in the plugins list) as even after deleting the folder you won't be able to install the same version from another provider as the box thinks it is still there.

Back