Unlock to switch off - possible on Lollipop 5.1.1?

Burlesy

TK Veteran
I recently got a new phone,

Is there a way (without rooting) to set it so you have to unlock the phone by entering the pattern, pin or password, before the user is able to power off/restart the phone?

Lets just say it got stolen.
I am able to track the phone's position if it's still on but if it's turnt off, I'm not able to track it.

Any ideas?

Unless it's a sealed unit they would just take the battery out.

It is a sealed unit (Sony xperia z5 compact) so they wont be able to get the battery out that easy

But they would still be able to get it to turn off by simply holding the power button and selecting power off

Yep - same as how PC's have done it, only need to hold the power button down until it switches off
In my opinion its stupid.
The worst thing is Xperia have a service which you can use to locate your phone.
You would of thought they would have thought it through.

Someone looses their expensive phone > It is highly unlikely someone is going to return it to the owner.
Unfortunately society isn't like that.

So they give any user the opportunity to turn it off without unlocking it which completely overrides the purpose of having the xperia 'locate my phone' service in some aspects because if you loose something expensive you are highly unlikely to see it again.

This is the message it gives you when the phone is turnt off & you try and locate it.
locate.jpg

ROFLI'm sure you will.
IDIOTS!

Last edited:
Back