Update my box

adrianfo

Hi, I'm running vix hades. I've got it just as I want it but want to update to the new vix which I've read will sort out my LX2's 'network not restarting issue'
Is there an easy way to reimplement my settings once the new vix is installed.
Cheers for your help
Adrian

You could try and do a back up on the setting via the vix page, and if its just you channel list you want to save you could export it to your pc to dreambox edit. If you want to save you cam configs just use dcc and save a copy to your pc and then send them back across when you are set up on your new image.

Each time I do a manual flash by USB, I just set it up again from scratch
takes about 10-15 mins

You won't be able to re-instate your settings from hades to 3.2 you can only do that when updating to a newer version of that same version of vix.
I'm afraid if you want to go to 3.2 then it will have to be a fresh install, what I do is take pictures of my settings and put them back that way, it really doesn't take that long.

You get the spacestation on 3.2 too !!! Cool !!lol

On a more serious note, you will loose the online update facilities the box has if you don't keep the image
fairly up to date, it's not just the image, I think addons stop working too.

I did the update on tm-nano-se some time ago from hades to 3.2 and hated it. No where need as stable.

Back