Cable Updating version of OpenVix without reflashing?

Sc0ttb88

Hi, I am new to this but just wanted to check to see if I can update my OpenVix install on my H.2H from the box without having to do a reflash using usb etc? I’ve got audio description issues on some of the channels so wanted to try this first. If not I am considering just installing the latest wooshbuild.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The openvix images on these boxes are patched, so would not recommend updating from the box itself as you run the risk of bricking your box. Much simpler to flash a newer image.

I’ve backed it up to my hard drive but when I plug my external hd back into my pc it doesn’t load. I’ve been in to disk Management and can see it but won’t allow me to access. Is this normal? The disc was initialised using the zgemma box and works fine for recording and timeshift.

I’ve backed it up to my hard drive but when I plug my external hd back into my pc it doesn’t load. I’ve been in to disk Management and can see it but won’t allow me to access. Is this normal? The disc was initialised using the zgemma box and works fine for recording and timeshift.

yes
it has changed to ext3 or ext4
windoze cant read ext file systems
do you know anyone with a Linux PC [ or mac maybe ] ?
if you plug the HDD back into your box it shouldnt need to re-initialise it, DONT re-initialise it if it does, you will lose your details,
after you plug it back in to your box FTP to your box and you should be abvle to get your details off the HDD

Thanks. I have a Mac here I can use but will use the FTP via FileZilla. Many thanks

Thanks. I have a Mac here I can use but will use the FTP via FileZilla. Many thanks

I dont know if mac can read ext filesystem, but I'd assume so as its basically a bastardised Linux system that costs a lot of money for a fancy name

i think macs are fine in what they do but windows is the way these boxes work with.
the boxes use Linux,,,,,,,,
so it makes sense to use a Linux PC if you can,
I can take the HDD off my box and play the recordings directly on my PC if I want to.
I dont even have to initialise the HDD on my box as I can format it to ext4 directly on the PC

Back