Upgrade Suggestions

Tiger800

Hi Guys

I currently have a VU+ Solo2 and it's great, does what I need and is failing in nothing except ...........

I want a cable box to get some HD back, I have a VM feed for my broadband and a Tivo box so no issues with that.
What to get?
Move the Solo2 on and replace it with a dual box ...... or add another box?
Budget (max) £250, I'd prefer nearer £200
500GB drive
I need similar recording capabilities to the VU+, not interested in 4K etc. or being able to record more than a couple of channels simultaneously
I don't want to add another VU+ if there are going to be issues with the remotes (I'll never hear the end of it :) ) but quite like VU's

Would advise getting a triple tuner with as once you've seen HD again you'll rarely (or rarely want to) use the SD satellite equivalents.

Do you need satellite? is there something specific you need on it? If not then go for Vu+ Uno 4k, gives you 8 tuners so you can record loads! Plus you're already used to Vu+ already.

cheers for the suggestions

Atlantic is watched a fair amount, I only really watch motorsport on the sports channels

I want to keep the sat anyway, the Vu+ Uno 4k is a nice box but a bit over budget with a hdd fitted
Is it the same remote as the Solo2 does anyone know? because that would cause issues stacked on top of each other.
which would in turn cause me issues of the nagging variety :)

Last edited:
Well, I've sort of decided on an Octagon SF4008

If I haven't changed my mind by the time I get home tomorrow, that'll definitely be it :grin:
I'd bite the bullet now but I don't trust my card details over hotel WiFi

Just a suggestion (off topic I know but relevant to your last post), if you travel about a bit it might be worth picking up a Raspberry Pi and setting up a VPN so you've always got an encrypted connection.

Yeah, cheers mate

I do have a vpn tunnel back to my box at home, I just generally try not to buy stuff online when I'm away.
Nothing to do much and all night to do it, it's worse than sitting in front of ebay with a case of beer :grin:

Back