Urgent help, Starview box saying not connected on all channels

Hello. Ive just had to register with you guys as you are my last hope

We got a Starview box installed in the living room off a couple of lads who seemed to know what they were going. Even turning up in a BT van of all things to look legit.

anyways i got one installed in the bedroom and instead of them drilling holes to connect a wire from my box to the internet modem box they used a wifi dongle for it and it worked a treat.

anyways he said if i ever unpluged the wifi adapter i had to do something to make it pick up the internet in order for my channels to return. the electric in my area went off on Tuesday night and whern it came back on.. all my channels were scrambled and still are... ive done a factory reset as it says on these guys facebook profiled. entered this n that before the scan.. found every single channel i had previously yet only the free to view channels come on and not the paid for channels you would get with a virgin subscription. ive asked numerous times on facebook to these guys to please help me and ive been ignored. in the excitement of knowing i can lay in bed with the football on ive forgotton what he told me to do with the wifi adapter to pick up the internet... but maybe it is poicking it up and my channels are just not working. it says not connected on every channel in the bottom right corner. im stuck here and i really need some help. please :(

Back