US Nano Sim card PAYG wheres to purchase from UK

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Hi guys looked for the best place to purchase 2 PAYG nano sim cards to use for calls and text in Florida.
Rather than use data roaming or get hefty packages on our net work, we are looking to purchase nano sim cards to use in our iphones whilst on holiday for calls, texts and using free wifi. will want them to use in september

saw this already before i posted, but does not tell you where to purchase so not much help unfortunatly, plus as its T-mobile my phone is locked to 3 and think only certain networks will work in the US like AT&T

Linny, if your phone is locked to any network, then surely without unlocking it, you won't be able to use it. I think what you are confusing is the fact that when you are in the USA your phone roams to TMobile, or whoever your providers partner in the US is, this is not the same as your phone being open to use a foreign SIM card.
now I may be reading your post wrong, and be giving you the wrong info, but that is my understanding of how things work.

right! as far as i know from the website threes partners are AT&T, but thought that when in another country you could use any sim. thought i was only locked on the AT&T website if i used my current sim. so sounds like its 2 way radios then or hefty charges as 3 do not do add ons for using phone abroad :(. Orange used to yrs ago you could by a prepaid add on for say 2 weeks so you could pay local charges rather than calls from UK to US, to US back to UK ( thats how i think it works if you call/ text from 1 uk phone to another in another country)

No Linny, it is the phone that is locked, not the SIM card. The UK number I use when I am over your way works in my nokia phones as they are unlocked. The same SIM wont work in my current Samsung as it is locked to my current provider.
I don't think USA calls on pay as you go are terribly cheap, so even if you were to get two unlocked phones it won't be cheap. you could alternatively buy two cheap handsets with US SIM's in them. you can always use your I-phone for the free WI-FI still, and just use your cheapies for local calls and text (ie, between the two of you)

Back