usb failing to format zgemma h2s

leejon123

any ideas why the usb fails to format when i put it in the box ? it counts to 99 them fetches a error message up basically saying its failed.

Have you formatted it on computer first to fat32 then try putting it into box some USB sticks are temperamental when it comes to zgemma boxes what in particular are you wanting the usb for flash/epg/recording/timeshift

Have you formatted it on computer first to fat32 then try putting it into box some USB sticks are temperamental when it comes to zgemma boxes what in particular are you wanting the usb for flash/epg/recording/timeshift
its for the epg m8 everything else is done.ive just bought a new usb but havnt had chance to try it yet,im confused with fat32 and ntfs
should i just put the new usb in the box and see how i go heres what ive been told to do when i have inserted the usb in the box
menu
set up
storage devices
initialisation
press ok button on remote
press red button
press ok yes
wait until finished
press menu again
info panel
plugins
mount manager
press exit
then it should of worked

where did you buy the USB stick? ebay?

Try formatting the usb stick on your computer first and then insert it into the box and try initialising it.

where did you buy the USB stick? ebay?

Try formatting the usb stick on your computer first and then insert it into the box and try initialising it.
ive had the usb stick years m8 never let me down.ive already tried initialising it on my laptop it says completed but when i put it in the box it fails error shows.

ive had the usb stick years m8 never let me down.ive already tried initialising it on my laptop it says completed but when i put it in the box it fails error shows.
You can't initialise it on your laptop if you are using windows,
It needs to be ext3 or ext4 , windoze doesn't recognise those filesystems, they are *nix ,
Format to FAT32 using windows, then your box should be able to format it to ext4 ( ie, initialise it ) , once the box has done this your USB drive will no longer be recognised by windows.

You can't initialise it on your laptop if you are using windows,
It needs to be ext3 or ext4 , windoze doesn't recognise those filesystems, they are *nix ,
Format to FAT32 using windows, then your box should be able to format it to ext4 ( ie, initialise it ) , once the box has done this your USB drive will no longer be recognised by windows.
thanks,so with it being brand new i should just be able to put the usb in the box and not have to do anything else with it ?

thanks,so with it being brand new i should just be able to put the usb in the box and not have to do anything else with it ?
Not necessarily,
Put it in your PC and format to fat32
Zgemma can be fussy about the make of USB too sometimes.

Also, its no longer brand new, you have been messing about with it, we have no idea what format its in now.

If you want to rewind/ff and pause it needs to be ext4 filesystem.
If you just want to store epg etc on it just leave it as it is.

Not necessarily,
Put it in your PC and format to fat32
Zgemma can be fussy about the make of USB too sometimes.

Also, its no longer brand new, you have been messing about with it, we have no idea what format its in now.
it is brand new m8 its not been taken out the packet yet i thought the usb sticks come already set to fat32

So what is post #1 about then,?
post 1 is basically saying that the usb ive had for ages is not formating so ive bought a brand new usb
but ive not yet had chance to try it.i just wanted to know before i put the new usb in the zgemma box do i need to do anything with the usb
or shall i just put it straight into the back of the box ?

Back