usb failing to format zgemma h2s

still a pain in the ar$e that didn't need to happen though :rolleyes:
@steptoe told him at 12;13 to format it to fat13 with windows, then put it in the box and initialise it to ext4
his reply:
thanks,so with it being brand new i should just be able to put the usb in the box and not have to do anything else with it
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
It wouldent format in the pc pal it said it had failed to format.after all you people on here saying it had to be formatted I purchased a new usb put it in the box without doing anything and everything is now working.
I have had problems initializing drives a few times and I don't know if this is your problem but if you had a swap file enabled or timeshift enabled , disable these as they could be tying up resources and try to initialize again. Your windows 7 cd you can get on ebay pretty cheap but I would get windows 10 as windows 7 is not fully supported now.
You can download windows 7 to a usb from Microsoft for free if you have your activation key if you have another working computer to download it on.
Here is the link if you need it https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7
thanks m8
I have had problems initializing drives a few times and I don't know if this is your problem but if you had a swap file enabled or timeshift enabled , disable these as they could be tying up resources and try to initialize again. Your windows 7 cd you can get on ebay pretty cheap but I would get windows 10 as windows 7 is not fully supported now.
You can download windows 7 to a usb from Microsoft for free if you have your activation key if you have another working computer to download it on.
Here is the link if you need it https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7
thanks m8 not sure what u mean about an activation key though where do I get that from ?

It wouldent format in the pc pal it said it had failed to format.after all you people on here saying it had to be formatted I purchased a new usb put it in the box without doing anything and everything is now working.

thanks m8

thanks m8 not sure what u mean about an activation key though where do I get that from ?
Activation key is your windows serial number .It's normally on a sticker on your pc somewhere.

still a pain in the ar$e that didn't need to happen though :rolleyes:
@steptoe told him at 12;13 to format it to fat13 with windows, then put it in the box and initialise it to ext4
his reply:
thanks,so with it being brand new i should just be able to put the usb in the box and not have to do anything else with it
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
It’s amazin how you all give different advise for example you tell me to format it using windows yet the other person said you can’t format it using windows and the last person told me it doesn’t require formatting and said just put it in the back of the box it will format itself to ex4

It’s amazin how you all give different advise for example you tell me to format it using windows yet the other person said you can’t format it using windows and the last person told me it doesn’t require formatting and said just put it in the back of the box it will format itself to ex4

You don't listen to anything.
a new USB needs formatting on the PC to fat32
THEN you put it in the box and initialise it, which makes it ext4

you refuse to follow these simple guidelines which have been told to you over and over again throughout this thread and continue to assume that a new usb is already formatted so it just needs to go in the box, then it's 'all up and running', then it's 'how do i format it to ext4' again

You don't listen to anything.
a new USB needs formatting on the PC to fat32
THEN you put it in the box and initialise it, which makes it ext4

you refuse to follow these simple guidelines which have been told to you over and over again throughout this thread and continue to assume that a new usb is already formatted so it just needs to go in the box, then it's 'all up and running', then it's 'how do i format it to ext4' again
I’ve got it working now and I didn’t have to put it in the pc I just put the new usb straight in the box and it initialised.as I said b4 if u look back at all the other comments I got different advise.sum1 told me to format it to fat32,then sum1 told me to format it to ntfs,the only person that was right was Nazodoop who told me to put it straight into the box

Last edited:
I’ve got it working now and I didn’t have to put it in the pc I just put the new usb straight in the box and it initialised.as I said b4 if u look back at all the other comments I got different advise.sum1 told me to format it to fat32,then sum1 told me to format it to ntfs,the only person that was right was Nazodoop who told me to put it straight into the box
You changed the story half way through,
First you started off with a stick that wouldn't initialise, then , whoof!! , magically a brand new stick appeared, BTW, they are not always fat32 brand new, I've just tried a brand new stick in my PC that was exfat,

You changed the story half way through,
First you started off with a stick that wouldn't initialise, then , whoof!! , magically a brand new stick appeared, BTW, they are not always fat32 brand new, I've just tried a brand new stick in my PC that was exfat,
I always had a brand new stick but I wanted to know why the old one wouldent initialise your misunderstanding the whe whole thread.anyway like I said b4 it’s all sorted but if you would like to continue the childish comments then maybe we could sort out this problem some other way you know man o man

Back