USB memory stick file recovery.

Hi Guys,

My nephews USB stick is not doing anything.

He has got his coursework saved on there and doesn't have a backup.

When I plug the stick in the pc or laptop it's not been being recognised.

Is there any hope of recovering anything from it??

Thanks

i use this program and have had a bit of susses with it i dont have a link for it at the min but ill find one for you

Data.Doctor.Recovery.Pen.Drive.

sent you a pm

Last edited:
Hi hadmad,

Tried the software in the pm you sent me and it didn't help.

The software just states "USB not recognised please re-insert" and when I go into device manager it states unknown device.

Thanks for the s/ware.

You could try booting from hirens boot cd with the USB stick in your computer.
There is recovery software built into that disc but please be careful as you can erase the contents of your hard drive from it very easily. If the software on the boot cd doesn't recognise that there is a usb stick present then the usb stick may be damaged beyond repair.
If the work on it is very important you could try taking it to someone that can remove the board from it and attach it it to another usb connecter to see if it will work then.
Hirens boot CD is free to download and there are lots of great tools on it to use AT YOUR OWN RISK...so be careful :)

HTC Desire S-Tapatalk

Thanks Axxo,

Just one last question before I try.

Can I just load the hirens boot cd files on another USB stick and boot from there or does it have to be burned to a disc. I know it states boot cd but, just a suggestion.

Thanks again.

You could try putting the iso onto another usb to see if that works, haven't tried it myself that way but with a shot

HTC Desire S-Tapatalk

Its a hardware problem , it will not going to be ok with any software. USB not recognized means this will not work anymore time to buy new.

I have Hiren on USB stick I use to boot comps I am working on that do not have aCD\ DVD drive. Follow the steps on the link below to make a bootable Hiren USB drive.

HTML:
http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd-on-usb-disk

Unfortunately I agree with icssnj in that its a hardware fault and you are goosed. Since you have tried it in 2 systems it eliminates a computer hardware\software (driver) fault.

jodav :)

I know this does not answer your question but I recommend that you suggest to your nephew to use Dropbox. I've started using it recently and also used to carry around a lot of work, but now I do it via cloud storage instead of a USB. Its especially useful if your nephew works on more than one machine, it'll synchronize the files over all computers and a backup is always available through their website.

Back