USB pen in zgemma H2S - onto third one??

Sorry if im starting a new thread if this has been answered already but ive searched for ages for an answer.

Lost all recordings from zgemma, and pen drive is showing zero space available and i cannot refomat it. Is the pen drive goosed or can it be saved. This is third time its happened, and i dont want to have to keep buying flash drives. i have been using sandisk cruzer blade, on zgemma h2s wooshbuild latest version.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Sorry again if this has been answered already.

I had same problem even tried running a command from off my windows 10 computer it said it had done it and formatted it put it back in my box and still said same so just bought a new one once the box converts them from ext 3 to ext 4 they won't read in pc but ste might correct me if that's wrong

I have never used that EXT3/4 option... I have just had my usb plugged in during installation and it's been fine then on the couple of times i've changed usb's to a larger capacity, i've simply re-initialised the replacement on the zgemma and I could still use the old one in the pc after a quick format.

PC is recognising the drive but has no space on it. have tried running reformatting prgrammes but they will not let me do nething with it. if i could wipe it and start again id be happy enuf, its spending the 30 odd quid every so often thats getting annoying. Afraid to go buy an external HDD incase same thing happens?

This is the pen drive inserted into a PC - at a loss as to how to fix it or how to stop it happening again

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 40
Have you tried going into manage > storage devices and deleting / re-creating partition?

do that through PC or box Ste?

Through PC - you right click on my computer or this pc and you'll see manage which you can then access storage devices to delete / create partitions on devices... just be careful in this section.

Sounds like memory stick corrupt mate I tried always through people giving advice on here we tried every way possible we could think of but no joy so got a 1tb hdd no problems since

Cheers Baz, is your HDD powered through usb or seperate power plug?

Willo, thanks for the program, it recognises the usb, allows me to get to a certain point but cannot finish it. i think as Baz said the pen if goosed, so looks like im shopping for a HDD, hopefully it wont happen to it. fingers crossed

Ext3 4 is a Linux filesystem,
Download a copy of Ubuntu Live and burn it to DVD,
Then boot your PC from DVD, select try Ubuntu without installing,
Fully functioning Ubuntu OS running in ram and DVD,
Use gparted to format the pen drive,
Ubuntu 10.04 is a good version for doing this, its a bit older and will run faster in RAM

Thanks steptoe, but i wouldnt feel comfortable booting a new os from dvd, as its my work computer and is connected to servers and networks that id be afraid of messing up. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Back