USB tuners - anyone had any success?

Delta

I'm thinking of taking a punt on a generic DVB-C USB tuner from fleabay.

Has anyone had any success with these?

I'm using Vix on my H.2H - so I know it will be a battle to get firmware / drivers for this. But I've read that people have had Opti-Combo USB tuners working on their Zgemmas (these are no longer manufactured though :( )

I think I'll take a punt for £20. If I can get this working, the H.2H may be a serious replacement for the Tivo box...

I have two now, and neither work. The first didn't work at all - not even detected. The 2nd one is detected but there's no way to switch to DVB-C, it's permanently in DVB-T mode. I always wanted to try and compile the drivers for ATV but I've just not found the time to do so.
Sundtek tuners allegedly do work, but you're looking at £50 or so.

I don't think the opticombo one works in ViX, or it didn't used to. I'll have to try it again.
On ATV it works fine for cable and terrestrial.

I have two now, and neither work. The first didn't work at all - not even detected. The 2nd one is detected but there's no way to switch to DVB-C, it's permanently in DVB-T mode. I always wanted to try and compile the drivers for ATV but I've just not found the time to do so.
Sundtek tuners allegedly do work, but you're looking at £50 or so.

Thanks for the info, even if it's not what I was hoping to hear! :( I have read that most of the available drivers are geared towards DVB-T(2), so it is not surprising that you can't switch to DVB-C mode...

I kind of begrudge paying £50 for a USB dongle to go with a £80 box! Feel I may as well splash out on a posh box with twin DVB-C tuners in the first place...

Back