USB Tuners

muk

Hi all new to the ZGemma H2 - arrived yesterday.

Manage to load my gift onto it and setup the bouquets which is good.

Just wondering, does any one have any experience with using a USB tuner for Freeview attached to the box?

Bought the box to avoid a satellite dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers looks like an expensive USB tuner. Might be cheaper to use the zGemma as a second box leaving Freeview connected.

Would there be much to gain by putting a dish up? Apart from dual tuner functionality

well it would be cheaper putting a dish up.
Another advantage with the sat feed is you can record one channel and watch a different channel at the same time. (You would obviously need a sly line to get all the sly channels)

I know that usb tuner is compatible. There is probably others as well that are compatible.

Cheers tried mine and after a reboot it just froze at 49 on the lcd. Pleased I had a backup.

Tried uninstalling the tuner driver via telnet but that didn't work.

Good job you backed up, what usb tuner do you have

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Crappy £6 DVB-T eBay effort.

Just ordered one of the known working ones from the site in the link £47.79! Really hope it works as the box almost cost that much!

Im sure it will but i dont see much gain from attaching an ariel to the box when its cheaper to get a sat dish put up

Im sure it will but i dont see much gain from attaching an ariel to the box when its cheaper to get a sat dish put up

Mainly down to aesthetic reasons - the other half won't have a dish on the house

Lol always the case i dont see the problem with a dish on the house, if your neighbours have one, ask to use one of the lnb ports on theirs, if its not to far spaced apart

Lol always the case i dont see the problem with a dish on the house, if your neighbours have one, ask to use one of the lnb ports on theirs, if its not to far spaced apart

Wish I could neighbours don't have a dish. Nearest would be a 40m coax run which I don't think they would be happy with :)

Looks like the crashing on boot issue wasnt just with the Realtek driver.
Appears to crash with any driver installed.

Reflashed with sucmsee`s image which works fine with drivers and also my cheap USB Freeview stick! Only downside is it appears to be awfully crashy.

If I try to go into timeshift settings, I get the message that the box has crashed and needs to restart.
Wonder if its to do with me doing a full software update on it or that fact its based on Vix.

Any recommendations for a stable firmware? :)

Bit of an edit. I retried sucmsees image and it appears to now be stable.

My cheap USB stick was detected but doesn't pick up anything on a channel scan despite a strong signal.

I'll wait for the one I ordered to arrive

Back