User friendly Kodi stick/box for family?

KashB

Hi everyone,

I purchased a 4k firestick in the black friday sales for £30. I have a cable line at home and have only been using the stick infrequently/when the lines down to watch shows on Kodi. My brother has asked me to get him one for himself.

Thing is, my brother is not very technically savvy (neither am I tbh) and since we don't live near each other, I don't want him to be hassling me every five minutes when the stick needs an update or something's not working right.

Is there a better alternative in you guys' experience? Something that would be easy to use? I keep seeing Magboxes discussed but have never used one? Could you guys recommend a model? I'm willing to spend upto £100 but obviously I do not need a whole load of extras since it's just for Kodi and not IPTV.

Many thanks,

KashB

Hi everyone,

I purchased a 4k firestick in the black friday sales for £30. I have a cable line at home and have only been using the stick infrequently/when the lines down to watch shows on Kodi. My brother has asked me to get him one for himself.

Thing is, my brother is not very technically savvy (neither am I tbh) and since we don't live near each other, I don't want him to be hassling me every five minutes when the stick needs an update or something's not working right.

Is there a better alternative in you guys' experience? Something that would be easy to use? I keep seeing Magboxes discussed but have never used one? Could you guys recommend a model? I'm willing to spend upto £100 but obviously I do not need a whole load of extras since it's just for Kodi and not IPTV.

Many thanks,

KashB
Wouldn't touch a mag at the moment get another firestick u can use stb emu,smarters.

I don't think there is any such thing as a user friendly Kodi as apps get shut down all the time. The best thing to do is learn ,it's not that hard tbh. Just google for the latest addons and it will show you the latest addons and repo addresses and show you how to install them. Write down all the repo addresses you want and just go to file manager,add source and add each one you want .After doing that for all the addons you want select addons and install from zip file and select the repo you entered earlier then you will see repo enabled when it has installed. Then it's just a case of going to addons, install from repo and select the repo you installed and look at video addons and just install which ones you want. Once you have done it a few times it's easy and much better than using builds.

Back