Using IPTV on Zgemma 2s..?

jlg1

Ive read some mixed reviews on using Zgemma 2s for IPTV. As many have had trouble with, my channels went down last week - really missing them...!

I dont want to have to fork out for 2 new boxes. Dont know much about these Mag boxes - seem a bit pricey...? Got a test line last (24 hours) night and installed xtream codes via putty - worked really well but no EPG. No channel listings info at all just the bare channel.

Ideally would like to be able to record but I thats asking a bit much...?

Just wondering how the IPTV player on the box is..anyone used it..? Weve SKY Fibre unlimited so hopefully its good enough and running homeplugs on all boxes.

In general, can the Zgemma 2s handle IPTV...? Ive read that the processors not fast enough...? not that fussed on HD to be honest as long as I have the old channels back, mostly Documentaires, Movies and Sports.

Dont want to fork out for a sub and then the box starts crashing....

Cheers for any tips/advice...:)

Great thanks fro the replies..were getting around 40 mbps download on fibre I think - channels were freezing on cline with mgcamd but Ive a feeling it was maybe the provider. Used a few in the past (all froze at some point) but I suppose glitches are to be expected..

Hi been running IPTV on my 2s for about 2 weeks without a problem FHD with 30mb sky fiber with epg updated daily also set up on brother and father inlaws h2s working a treat (touch wood)

Cheers for the reply.. Yes I'm thinking of getting a sub so hopefully there'll be no probs. Running wooshbuild which I think is better than the image I got with the box.

Cheers...

Ive got IPTV running on my Z Gemma H2s.
Had it since sky starting going dark, all working great, records the channel you are watching, HD works fine too

I'm hoping to get the record option as well as I see some providers don't support it.. Had a great test line but no record option.. Still looking..

I think I'll trust the box..

J

this is where i am.....got the star 2s and iptv...all working perfect apart from 1080p movies on the VOD section.....they stutter and dont play sound..basically unwatchable...but this is only on 1080p feeds.....i have 12meg broadband, and have allocated 7meg to the zgemma via qos on the router.

i have put the same feed / line into 'perfect player' on my phone and they play perfectly....which i think indicates not a broadband speed issue.

next week i hope to be upgrading the broadband to 25 meg....in a rural area with not much options on that.

my questions are...
will getting faster broadband help that issue on that box ?
is there a way to tweak the start 2s to play those 1080p feeds smoother ?
or...if i got a box like a h.2s would that work better with 1080p iptv feeds ?
or...is there another box like the zgemma....a dual sat tuner....enigma2.....vix etc....that would be suitable to cure the issue ?

thanks in advance for any replies.

this is where i am.....got the star 2s and iptv...all working perfect apart from 1080p movies on the VOD section.....they stutter and dont play sound..basically unwatchable...but this is only on 1080p feeds.....i have 12meg broadband, and have allocated 7meg to the zgemma via qos on the router.

i have put the same feed / line into 'perfect player' on my phone and they play perfectly....which i think indicates not a broadband speed issue.

next week i hope to be upgrading the broadband to 25 meg....in a rural area with not much options on that.

my questions are...
will getting faster broadband help that issue on that box ?
is there a way to tweak the start 2s to play those 1080p feeds smoother ?
or...if i got a box like a h.2s would that work better with 1080p iptv feeds ?
or...is there another box like the zgemma....a dual sat tuner....enigma2.....vix etc....that would be suitable to cure the issue ?

thanks in advance for any replies.
Hi

I also have a zgemma star 2s (the white one) I have tried iptv on it not good on hd channels my broadband is sky fibre max up to 70 meg
Last night I updated to wooshbuild v5003 been told there's v6 can't install it on my box ? And using a USB on the back of the box it just doesn't see it
I was thinking of getting the zgemma h52tc any thoughts

Back