uTorrent and Avast

MrThing

Hi all,

Any ideas on how to get Avast to play nicely with uTorrent?

Got a few decent torrent sites, but Avast Pro nukes uTorrent. (Will share sites and my private gated collection just PM me)

Please help.

Cheers.

riddled with bad stuff when i went hunting over there,but if you switch avast off you can download your files +nasty things

I use and swear by malwarebytes. £20 a year or something, lets me use torrent sites and kills the popups. No reason why antivirus should be killing utorrent as it isn't a bad program, it is what it can download that can be bad. Pee's me off. I had AVG kill a legit business program the other day.

It is easier for them to kill utorrent and other torrent clients as they struggle to stop real malware.

I've got MLBytes premium but conflicted with SpyBot S&D. Plu MWBytes identifieed some sytem files as PUPS so when I removed them my pc ground to a halt and was worse than as if I had a virus.

Wanting to use uTorrent, have Avast Pro but even though I have added an exception and opened the right port, its not working. GRIM.

Its sounds to me like you are overloaded with spyware removal, they don't play nicely together. PUPs aren't an issue if you know where they come from. they just install extra shit with can normally be avoided if you are cautious when installing the main program the pup came with.

I use Windows defender and Malwarebytes, if I get a virus then a few simple programs from Malwarebytes and it is normally gone. Avast, AVG, Norton, Mcafee have all got to big for their boots with Firewall, disk cleanup, AV, this, that and the other all slowing the computer down from the word go. Windows defender does it's job as does Malwarebytes both without being to smart for their own good.

That is only my opinion but been in the game for 30 years from Windows 2 and seen a lot of good programs get made into something they should be bothering with. I could list loads of programs it has happened to and not just AV, but they seem to be the worst.

Yeh constantly trying to upsell it does my head in! I don't suppose you have the download links do you? Whats the free versions like because I am not in a position to ppay for a pro licence till payday. Cheers for such a detaild reply

The free version of malwarebytes will run as premium for 14 days after which will stop running real time protection until you purchase it. Premium is fine for everyday use and will block / kill most things. WIndows defender just sits in the background doing it's thing if there is no other AV installed and does it's job quietly.

adwcleaner - https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner
Junkware removal tool - https://www.malwarebytes.com/junkwareremovaltool/

Both are stand alone run as needed programs which kill and remove known nasties. Malwarebytes purchased these from the original creators who I believe were individuals who gave it away for free. Malwarebytes have kept it this way and both are still free.

https://press.malwarebytes.com/2016/10/19/malwarebytes-acquires-adwcleaner/
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/top...moval-tool/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=blog

Just read this:
Malwarebytes will continue to provide service and support for JRT until End of Life (EOL) on April 26, 2018.

If you are using JRT, we recommend switching to Malwarebytes AdwCleaner version 7 or higher. It’s free and incorporates all major JRT functionalities.

Cheers.

I have premium Malware Bytes premium so you're saying I can uninstall Avast and that's it?

Malware Bytes seemed a bit aggressive and seemed to delete files that were important.

Need torrents working so will try tomorrow.

That is all I use along with the built in Windows 10 defender. It is up to you if you decide to uninstall Avast I am just saying what I use without issue.

Malwarebytes will remove some key gens, some pups, which if missing will stop the main installed program from running, but on a whole will only quarantine them and not delete so you can always restore them. What I do like is I can go to torrent sites knowing I am unlikely to end up with a million popups I can't close.

Yeah use OpenOffice. Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Not perfect or as pretty but will open and save MS documents and is free. If you don't want to take the risk with a torrent office, go with that until you can source a legit key.

Back