V.M. Router

Can anyone recommend a good router to connect to a V.M superhub 3 changed to modem mode.
ASUS RT-AC3200 has not dropped since I hooked it up about 16 months ago. Plus great fun to mess around with. When I had 300mbps, I was getting over 300. Had a lot of issues with the SH 3. Dropped connections frequently, seems to work within its capacity as a modem.

ASUS RT-AC3200 has not dropped since I hooked it up about 16 months ago. Plus great fun to mess around with. When I had 300mbps, I was getting over 300. Had a lot of issues with the SH 3. Dropped connections frequently, seems to work within its capacity as a modem.
Nice one.
Thanks for that.

Got a netgear nighthawk r7000 with express vpn installed on it with a VM router with no problems [ running vm router in router mode..not modem mode ]

I got a netgear nighthawk r7800, only had it about 6 weeks, no problems so far. thats with sh3 in modem mode.
wullboy how do you run the two routers mate ? i do have a ipvanish sub but just not techy enough to install it on the r7800.

I run everything i can on ethernet cable m8, so have some things running off the vm router, and some off the netgear router, same with my wi-fi m8

im just going down the wired route, got me cat 6 cable and patch pannel and all face plates, just got to find the time to sort it all now:LOL:
so am i right in assuming when its all set up i can revert the vm back to router mode, then run a ethernet to my netgear and use that as a second router up stairs ?

You have to run an ethernet cable from your vm router to your netgear router, and make sure your ip address dont clash..etc.. if your vm router address is 192.168.0.1, then make the netgears router address...192.168.1.1 [ my knowledge of networking is limited m8 ]

wullboy sorry to be a pain mate but my networking knowledge is about zero lol. can i just ask how you give a separate ip address to a second router ?

You have to go into the configuration within the new router m8, and manually set-up the ip address to your choice as i have my virgin box running...192.168.0.1 & my netgear is 192.168.1.1

cheers m8, just one more daft question ( bet your sorry now arnt ya ) when i set the second router up, would i still be able to use the wifi as well on both routers or would it just be wired.

Yes, i use both wi-fi's m8, when you make any re-configurations to your router m8, always restart the router to take affect

cheers for the help wullboy much appreciated, i'll let you know how i get on. hopefully do it tuesday if i get chance

Back