V1rgin media virus/malware letter vu+

So I've been using my vu+ a while.now.but I seem to constantly get letters from virgin saying I have a virus on the network and it only seems to.be every time I turn the vu+ box on with v1rgin sub.

Using an Ethernet cable to this box from.the virgin router also affects the internet use such as spped and connection issues to.other devices..

Anyone else had a virgin letter about malware and what should I do.
They can obviously see I'm using the box on the network.

Thanks.

I've not heard anything like that. I'm on VM internet and they phoned me and asked me about upgrading my line! This means changing wires from the box to the router.. I asked why and the sales rep said to get a much better speed and reliability I said I'm ok with how things are atm see they upgrade the line to the new box but I'm wondering is I do this the h2h will no longer work.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

So I've been using my vu+ a while.now.but I seem to constantly get letters from virgin saying I have a virus on the network and it only seems to.be every time I turn the vu+ box on with v1rgin sub.

Using an Ethernet cable to this box from.the virgin router also affects the internet use such as spped and connection issues to.other devices..

Anyone else had a virgin letter about malware and what should I do.
They can obviously see I'm using the box on the network.

Thanks.

This may be the same issue as here:

http://www.techkings.org/threads/funny-box-issue.131073/#post-779392

I've seen thIs on another forum. A complete reflash and new mg_cfg file seemed to cure it.

Have you reset router and fully rebooted all connected devices to your network in case something held in cache/ram? That was the consensus on the other forum as the guy never reflashed or used another mg_cfg file in the end it seems.

Will send you the thread via pm...

Last edited:
I've had this letter sent to me 6 months ago. I knew it wasn't any of my e2 boxes as I never changed anything on my mgcamd config. I checked my routers incoming and outgoing connections and saw a ton of SYN_SENT connection requests going from my old cctv dvr so I knew it was that. I rebooted the dvr, closed my port forward and it was fine since. I had a marai malware. If you have any IoT devices (thermostats, ip cameras, smart tv, smart fridge etc) these if not configured correctly can be the cause.

Back