V8 Golden and Super Firmware.

the only problem i have with the v8 golden cant run 2 lines at the same time i.e one for sly and one for vermin

You can't have cable and sat on at the same instance but no problem having the lines installed---only watch cable if weather interferes with dish reception.
Reaper.

Mick---it's quite simple --you need a formatted [fat32] usb key----download the file --open---extract the bin file ----now panic!!!!
Seriously e-mail me and I will send full written details or if I have time I will put on here OK.
Reaper.

Just got a v8 super thanks to reaper and well impressed. Only thing that's puzzled me which is very minor - I can manually set a program/channel to record and also specify the time and duration . However if I specify to record for a precise time ie - 5 mins it just keeps recording until stick is full and not when it should stop?!

I am using the rear usb for wifi dongle and the front usb for recording and assuming that would not make a difference?

Also any way to get a better epg on?

Many thanks Alan

Last edited:
Thanks Reaper I figured out the recording was in 24 hour format.

Was wondering roughly how much an hour of recording takes up storage wise?

Thanks

I actually haven't got a clue as I use an external HDD and just forget it lol
Don't do too much yet--just on skype with the chief design engineer of these boxes and he says new epg firmware and channel list tool on way---he is bringing to me here in UK this week to test.
Reaper.

Last edited:
Wow sounds very promising about epg and channel list will definitely wait for news of that!

If goes well would it be a usb update?

Is your external hard drive mains powered? Thanks again

Seagate Hdd---usb powered
No idea about usb updating---he told me that it's for the xml epg and thats all I know at present.
I will be meeting with him on monday 18th here at my luxury mansion [actually 3 up/5 down semi lol]
Reaper.

Just thinking the box I got delivered on Friday last week, does it have the latest firmware from 13th July or would I need to put it on?

Thanks Alan

Thanks Reaper I figured out the recording was in 24 hour format.

Was wondering roughly how much an hour of recording takes up storage wise?

Thanks
Mack an hour of recording takes up around 1 GB so if you have say a 16 GB usb installed in the box it will give you around 16 hrs of recording time

Brilliant thanks 1554leslie! Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 07:41 PM ----------

Hi Reaper

Was wondering how you got on with the engineer guy regarding the epg/channel list?!

Many thanks mate
Alan

Back