V8 golden recording issues

rs500nutter

TK Veteran
When trying to set a recording on the box it is really hit and miss etc sometimes it works and other times it dont etc i have tried several different hdd's and usb pens in both rear usb slot and side slot but not found a cure yet for this problem also tried latest firmware on makers site uploaded recently but still no joy when manually trying to set. Anyone managed to find a cure for this or is this just a bug in the firmware etc

Hi, I never use the timer recording but I've just tried it a few times & it worked alright, I used a Sandisk usb in the side slot.
Looking at the Freesat forum it seems there have been some problems with the timer recording.

1.jpg 3.jpg

Yeah had a surf through loads of pages on there but couldnt find a definative answer thats why i tried new firmware but the problem is only with that way of recording but its fine the other way round which seems strange

Dont know if its to do with cable channels because i cant try sat channels on it because im land locked with damn pesky trees ffs lol

Dont know if its to do with cable channels because i cant try sat channels on it because im land locked with damn pesky trees ffs lol
It might have something to do with it, although most of the Forum posts are likely to be for Satellite TV.
I don't have cable so I can't try it.

Last edited:
When trying to set a recording on the box it is really hit and miss etc sometimes it works and other times it dont etc i have tried several different hdd's and usb pens in both rear usb slot and side slot but not found a cure yet for this problem also tried latest firmware on makers site uploaded recently but still no joy when manually trying to set. Anyone managed to find a cure for this or is this just a bug in the firmware etc
There's new firmware out today for the V8 Golden if you want to try it, it probably won't make any difference as it's mainly for Sport 24, (I've tried it on 20W but they are still showing RTL in it's place), there's a new "GtMedia" Logo on startup. - https://freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9

Last edited:
Right this is really strange when trying to set the timer recording on the box i input all the relavant settings and then press ok at the bottom when it asks to save i press ok on the remote and then press menu button to return back to menu's etc and it wont record a thing but if i press the exit button on remote after saving info it started to record now this has really baffled me now lol

Since the last, not latest, firmware upgrade you will find that the buttons on your remote can now be used for multi-tasking--you just need to play with them and have a bloody good memory.
Reaper.

Oh right mr reaper thanks for the heads up and will have a play when i get chance so fingers crossed i dont break nothing lol :(y):

Just took box round to friends house just out of curiosity to try new firmware with box connected to virmin hub3 but still wont connect and keeps rebooting hub ah well i tried lol :(:(y):

My experience is with Freesat V8 Super. I hope it works with yours.
1 set the target time with timer settings and set option to record.
2 Set another timer to that for only one minute before (1) above to view.
If time comes when on standby it will start run for a minute then after the second it will record and switch off after record timer set elapses.
Example - set 12:00 to 12:01 with TO VIEW OPTION
set 12:01 to whatever time depending on choice - TO RECORD.
If recording from standby, switch off with target channel on, set both timer with intended channel

If recording while still watching - no need of having the 1 minute rider before recording.
All the best

Back