V8s openbox xmltv preblems

cleartec

Hi All,Having problems with xmltv displaying wrong date so no epg available,any sugestions welcome,Thanks Cleartec

Yes but now and then the date reverts to 26/11/1903 which throws the epg out.Thanks

is that the correct date, did we have epg then lol. I take it you still have to leave the usb pen in the box for the epg to work on these boxes and I'm pretty sure you had to download the xmltv to the stick for it to work, have you tried another stick and downloaded the file again to see if this changes anything, or can you just wipe your current stick and retry?

Just download a fix from Nov 15.seems to be working at the moment,even epg from 1903 might be better than no epg LOL.

I've got same problem mine has jumped in a delirioun and gone back to 25.11.1903
It's jammed there and nothing I do will get it working . Reflashed. Upgraded channel list ect. Next option is reboot out windows. Any ideas

up the gas

Just download a fix from Nov 15.seems to be working at the moment,even epg from 1903 might be better than no epg LOL.

Can you please say where the fix is as I have the same problem and cannot find a fix or a download to help. cheers rob

Mine gets stuck sometimes. Changing epg to sat going to a FTA channel so the time and date is correct then reboot works for me, also when using wifi try putting a wired cable into box, helped me in the past.

Mine gets stuck sometimes. Changing epg to sat going to a FTA channel so the time and date is correct then reboot works for me, also when using wifi try putting a wired cable into box, helped me in the past.

thanks for that. i tried a good few things then brung box to my own house updated firmware and fiddled and fiddled and fiddled some more and it worked! now boots with skyboxcc type logo tho?
took it back to my dads and it was 1903 all over again! so hard wired from router with a long lead and bingo! turns out it was all probably down to the home plugs going out of sync which cost me a few hours today! and the fact im not that tech with v8s as i use zgemma h2s on easy wooshbuild lol

all sorted now tho but does take a couple of minutes for the time and date to work whilst skipping through the channels from reboot?

Back to status quo,xmltv epg not working again stuck in 1903,cant seem to keep it going despite following reapers guide,any ideas?
Thanks

Hi, for what it's worth, here's my experience of the 25/11/1903 problem.

I had the problem on a configured box off eBay so bought a second one from Amazon that was fresh out of the box.
I followed the numerous instructions. Would get the EPG working with the correct date. Then I'd restart the box and the date would be back to 25/11/1903 again.

I did it methodically and narrowed it down to an external hard drive I was hoping to use for recording. Removing this and upgrading the box from the firmware on the eopenbox website allowed me to set up the EPG and it retain the correct date after restarts.

I haven't quite worked out how to record at the right time successfully, but at least I've sorted my XMLTV date issues.

So in conclusion, don't use an external hard disk in either of the ports. Just use a larger usb stick in the back.

It's probably also worth pointing out that you have to wait a short period after the box starts up for it to get the correct time.
It's possible the wait is longer with an external hard disk connected and that I've been too impatient in the past.
Do anything with the time settings doesn't seem to make the correct program display when it's on. I'll have to accept the clock on the front is an hour out.

Last edited:
Hey guys
I have been dealing with this problem for a couple of weeks now, and last night i finally fixed it. I tried everything with no success, the date in the xmltv was 25/11/1903 and it failed every time. So this is what i did.
First i changed from xmltv back to satellite in the EPG settings then i rebooted the box, went back in to epg settings and changed back to xmltv. Downloaded it and the date was correct.
This worked for me so give it a try, nothing else i tried worked.
Good luck.

Hey guys
I have been dealing with this problem for a couple of weeks now, and last night i finally fixed it. I tried everything with no success, the date in the xmltv was 25/11/1903 and it failed every time. So this is what i did.
First i changed from xmltv back to satellite in the EPG settings then i rebooted the box, went back in to epg settings and changed back to xmltv. Downloaded it and the date was correct.
Good luck.

This Guy!!! This is the guy. After trying to get the 7 day EPG working it came up as current date 25/11/1903. I sweated for an hour thinking I had totally messed up but if you follow the instructions above the date will reset itself to the present date. Still cant get the EPG to work but at least i still have the NOW/NEXT available.

Thanks Casper

Hey guys
Good luck.

worked,thanks

Hey guys
Good luck.

I tried this methods and is working perfectly

Back