V8S Some Channels Show Blank Screen

Nice detailed post you have here, even your name matches your problem lol

only some channels showing black or all of them?
only some channels do you mean that paid for ones and the FTA channels are working?

The line is working as on a different box the channels work, the line is used on two boxes simultaneously and it has worked before. Recently one of the box comes up with the blank screen on all the Sky named channels.

Does your supplier know/provide multiroom services if so does he know that you use it on 2 different boxes?

also are the 2 boxes in the same property? if not he might of blocked your ip from the property that the channels are black screened on

The supplier allows you to use three boxes with the same line. What has happened I use a different router as an wifi extender, and the other box is connected off this, would this replay back as using two ip addresses to the supplier and therefore blocked the use? I do not understand since some other ppv channels work like BT Sport. Only all Sky named channels don't work.

no as long as its all under the same internet feed it will be the same IP :)

have a word with your supplier to see what is going on.

I take it you have updated all channel lists?

If a channel is black and you don't get a no signal pops up it means the channel can't be cleared . This is normally on HD channels

Use aj sat list and again try channels like discovery and bt sports

Tried all of the above, including flashing the box. Yet no luck. I only seem to get bt sports and freeview channels... nothing else comes just a black screen and when I press info it says 'no information 0% but the SNR is 80+... any help or solutions????

Need to fix this box today. Only BT Sports works and the rest of the PTV channels either come as blank screen or encrypted. Most of the FTA channels come on but for some reason Channel 5 shows as blank screen.

Could it be a tuner fault? I have tried a firmware reflash via rs232 but that made no difference. Any links to working firmware and channel update list would be useful. I know someone on here can find the fault on this box.

Back