v8s

dai black

can anyone tell me if all channels r working on open box v8s if they r not working can you point me in the right direction please thanks dai

Card sharing on sat is pretty much dead.

Alternatives are cable box if you have VM

or IPTV subscription, some sat boxes can be tweaked to run IPTV but in your position
I would maybe look at buying a Mag256 if you go down the streaming route.

They said they will bring out modded firmware for the V8S
that will allow IPTV to run a bit better, but there is a charge for it.

You may be better off biting the bullit and buying an up to date box.

A cheaper option than a Mag would be to get an android box
just waiting for an MXQpro £25, put on STB EMU which gives you the Mag look menu.

I have an old MXQ box at the moment, it is slower than the Mag and I'm just seeing
how it copes.

The mxq wont update to the newer kodi firmware bees i think and only allows certain iptv players

I know, but I got one working yesterday using STB EMU, i'm using the Pro version
which costs a fiver, don't know if the free one works to be honest, might try it when the next box arrives just out of curiosity.

The app doesn't use kodi you just download it to the box from google play and it emulates the Mag menus

Sets up the same way too, MAC address and URL.

Just started using it to see how it performs, seems a bit slower flicking through the menus
and starting up but seems to be streaming ok.

Couldn't get DigitalSTB working.

I have been using that setup for 12 months or more and the reaper uses it on his new android boxes and runs sweat as a nut,I updated a couple of mxq a while ago and used the lazy player app which allows you to upload an m3u file via usb

Yeah, wanted the Mag look for somebody who likes to keep things simple.
Not to technical. :grin:

Back