V8s

taztheman

Gents, is there any hope that the sky channels will return on V8s? Are any paid channels currently working. Is there a list somewhere. Not a single pay channel is working. i need to know whether its the sky or the Line that i have which is the issue.
I need to decide whether i need to start looking for a new box. If yes, what type of box is good which will last for sometime. Really struggling without my sky sports and nat geo etc. Please advise in simple terminology if poss.
Your help will be much much appreciated.

Gents, is there any hope that the sky channels will return on V8s? Are any paid channels currently working. Is there a list somewhere. Not a single pay channel is working. i need to know whether its the sky or the Line that i have which is the issue.
I need to decide whether i need to start looking for a new box. If yes, what type of box is good which will last for sometime. Really struggling without my sky sports and nat geo etc. Please advise in simple terminology if poss.
Your help will be much much appreciated.
You need a new line, request one here - http://www.techkings.org/threads/an...ember-december-2017.132837/page-2#post-801676
& a new channel list for the Discovery channels - http://www.techkings.org/threads/openbox-channels-list-sky-28-2e-10-8-17.133090/
Only IPTV or Cable & a new box will get you Sly sports
These are the channels still working
Alibi,Alibi ireland,Alibi +1,AMC from BT,Animal Planet,Animal Planet +1,At the races,B4U Movies,Boomerang,Boomerang +1,Boxnation,BT Sports 1,BT Sports 2, BT Sports 3,BT Sports extra 1 - 6,BT Sport/ ESPN,Cartoon Network,Channel 4 (ENCRYPTED),Channel 4 +1 (ENCRYPTED),CN +1,Colors,Comedy Central Ireland,Comedy Central +1, Comedy Central Extra Ireland,Comedy Central Extra +1,Dave,Dave ja vu,Discovery History,Discovery History +1,Discovery Science,Discovery Science +1, Discovery Turbo,Discovery,Discovery Shed,Discovery +1,DMAX,DMAX +1,E!,E! Ireland,E! +1,E4 (ENCRYPTED),E4 +1 (ENCRYPTED),EDEN,EDEN +1,EIR Sport 1,EIR Sport 2, EIR Sport 2 HD,Film 4 (ENCRYPTED),GOLD,GOLD Ireland,GOLD +1,Good Food,Good Food +1,Home,Home +1,Home and Health,Home and Health +1,ID,ID Ireland,ID +1, Insight HD,ITV Encore,ITV Encore +1,ITV 2 HD,ITV 3 HD,ITV 4 HD,London Live,Made in BHAM,Made in Bristol,Made in Cardiff,Made in Liverpool,Made in Leeds, Made in TN&WR,More 4 (ENCRYPTED),Motorsport TV,Movies 24,Movies 24 +,MTV,MTV +1,MTV Ireland,MTV BASE,MTV CLASSIC,MTV DANCE,MTV HITS,MTV MUSIC,MTV MUSIC IRELAND, MTV MUSIC +1,MTV ROCKS,MUTV HD,News 18,Nick JR Too,Nick JR Too Ireland,Nick JR Ireland,Nickelodeon Ireland,Nicktoons Ireland,Notts TV,Premier Sports HD,Premier Sports, Racing UK,RACING UK HD,Really,Really Ireland,Rishtey,Rishtey Cinema,Sony Channel,Sony Channel +1,Sony Max,Sony Mix,Sony Movies,Sony Movies +1,SONY SAB,SONY TV,STAR GOLD, STAR LIFE OK,Star Baharat,STAR PLUS,STAR UTSAV,Star GOLD,STV 2 Edinburgh (ENCRYPTED),STV 2 (ENCRYPTED),Syfy,Syfy +1,TCM +1,TLC,TLC,Ireland,TLC +1, TLC +2,Universal,Universal Ireland,Universal +1,VH1,W,W Ireland,W +1,Yesterday,Yesterday +1,Zee Punjabi,Zee Tv,&TV,&TV HD.

Thanks alot Mike, much appreciated.

re the new line, i assume only the channel list you shown will come back on. Am i right in saying that.

I cant get my head round is that what is the difference between IPTV and the cable boxes. I know that i need iPTV sub but i can use my V8s for this. Whereas with the cable box, will i get all teh channels as i used to with my V8s before the channels went dark? Which is the preferred option.

IPTV is streaming video over your internet, cable signal comes through a cable (v*rgin media) ... you need to have a live VM connection in your home though for this and you will need a receiver with a DVB-C cable tuner in it which the v8s does not - both of these options will get you the channels back but cable is the most reliable.

Many thanks Ste,
Right, i ve decided, that i will go with cable box. So i need a cable box to replace the sh**y V8s (which i only purchased 6 months ago) with a cable box. So, any recommendations please. Ive seen a GTT android box, is that any good/better than Zgemma ones for example.

Do i need a separate subscription for this cable box in form of C or N line. I have or had a line for my V8s, could this line work with the new cable box. or a new one required.

Re active VM line i currently have VM. if for whatever reason i moved house where VM is not available, would the cable box be worthless from that point onwards?

Ditch your V8S, you can get it to run IPTV but the feedback from those who have
tried is crap, too old, too slow.

For cable, in general you need a VM broadband package, and a cable box rather than a sat box.

You will need a cable subscription, your sat one won't work.

Look for something like this

Miraclebox Premium Micro HD Linux Enigma 2 Hybrid 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial HD 1080p PVR Digital Receiver

Flashed with Openvix.

Then IPTV is your next best option.

You get all your channels back using either option.

If cable goes tit up you can use the box for IPTV.

If you want the simplest solution for your missing channels, buy a MAG box and an IPTV subscription.

Last edited:
You will need a cable box - a Zgemma H4 is a fantastic budget triple tuner cable box for under £65. On occasions, a C/N line will open both S*y and VM but usually, you'll need a seperate line. If you move to a property where VM isn't available, you'll no longer be able to receive cable on this box but you may still put IPTV on it.

For Cable you, in general you need a VM broadband package, and a cable box rather than a sat box.

bees, many thanks for repsonse, I have the VM broadband now. Is a subscrition required to work with cable box?

If you want the simplest solution for your missing channels, buy a MAG box and an IPTV subscription.

So only reason for not using IPTV on V8s is that its too old and slow. Just trying to understand this. So Mag box is a better box for IPTV, i can understand that.

I think i am after a reliable option so decided for the cable box, needs recommendation on which one to get. At this point, i just want all my channels back, i have VM broadband so i can make use of that i guess.

You will need a cable box - a Zgemma H4 is a fantastic budget triple tuner cable box for under £65. On occasions, a C/N line will open both S*y and VM but usually, you'll need a seperate line. If you move to a property where VM isn't available, you'll no longer be able to receive cable on this box but you may still put IPTV on it.

i think i get it. A decent cable box with a line/sub to go with it is what i need. Does it have to be a C line or N line? A recommendation above was for a 'Miraclebox Premium Micro HD Linux Enigma 2 Hybrid 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial HD 1080p PVR Digital Receiver', a GTT cable box and now a zgemma h4. how do these compare, i understand price difference will be the obvious one?

C or N line - either will do.

That miraclebox is good too but slightly more expensive and only has a single cable tuner - the H4 is cheaper and has 3 cable tuners.

Most cable servers supply N lines but you can run either if you are supplied a C line.

I like boxes with genuine support from Vix so I personally would go with a single tuner
miraclebox for £69.

If you consider a replacement single tuner for sat or cable is about £30 and the Zgemma is giving
a triple tuner away for £65 then where is the quality control ?

Zgemma will have 3 cable tuners which would be better for recording if you go that way.

But even our official sponsor doesn't support the H4 model !!! Says it all !!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Last edited:
just to confirm, be it zgemma or Miracle box, if VM was no longer available, can these boxes be used for IPTV? And are these better than V8s IPTV?

I like boxes with genuine support from Vix so I personally would go with a single tuner
miraclebox for £69.

If you consider a replacement single tuner for sat or cable is about £30 and the Zgemma is giving
a triple tuner away for £65 then where is the quality control ?

too technical for me now lol, i am going to toss a coin on this tbh. are you saying that mriacle box has better quality in comparison to zgemma (when you talk about support from Vix)

All depends what you prefer - ViX or ATV ... I prefer ATV, some people prefer ViX and vice versa.

The Miraclebox does look better quality and if you're not bothered about paying a little extra and only having 1 tuner, that's the one i'd go for.

Forget V8s everything is Enigma 2 now.

Yes, miraclebox is better quality by far.

Openvix is what you would know as firmware.

It is called an image on E2 boxes.

Box manufacturers use somebody else's "image" to run the box.

Vix do not support Zgemma, they say they clone officially supported boxes, which they do.

Zgemma nick the Vix image and modify it to work on their boxes.

OpenATV support Zgemma, their image is similar to Vix so it all depends on which way you want to jump.

But if you want to run Openvix I would buy a box officially supported by them.

They have made changes to their image in the past which stops Zgemma using it, that leaves people out on a limb.

So I would recommend an official box for Vix or running OpenATV with a Zgemma

Finally, people with Zgemma boxes that are a couple of years old are generally not supported with updates, Zgemma bring out lots of new models all the time.:grin::grin::grin:

excuse my ignorance, is Enigma 2 the zgemma box or a different box?

What difference does is make with more than 1 tuner?

what is Vix or OpenATV. I feel like an idiot asking these questions but i got to learn from somewhere! Please bear with me.

Tax, spend some time reading through the forum. You’ll gain a far better understanding doing your own research.

Back