variant spinners with guide

its ok i maybe adding more these are what i found on another site there is some football team ones but i cant work out how to do them once i work it out i will upload them

150 spinners found on another site so big thx's goes to them.

Spinners are normally located @ usr - share - enigma2 - spinner (may vary depending on image)
reboot box after.

Download link:Mega File Upload - Spinner-Collection.zip

That location is the default spinner location. If you overwrite that then you lose your default spinner.

Much better to go into the folder of the skin you are currently using and place the files in the spinner folder there. This will override the default spinners then.

share/enigma2/*skin*/spinner

---------- Post Merged at 11:22 PM ----------

Plus if you have any graphic knowledge at all it is dead simple to create the spinners. You have to have a series of individual png files. They must be named wait1.png, wait2.png, wait3.png etc etc. Unfortunately there is no way to control the positioning of these, they will always appear in the top left corner.

I am having issues because the file format is not the same as the spinners ? when I unzip it saves as one 7z file? the spinners are in png format and much smaller size and there are several of them (pictures of a rotating image)

yes, I am now, but the spinner doesn't rotate fully????

there are 25 files and they don't go in the folder sequentially when I ftp them? is that an issue?

SORTED

for some reason they didn't fully ftp across? I checked the file sizes and they were different - so I then re ftp'd them and perfect rotating log, much to the annoyance of the wife LOL

Last edited:
Are you sure you're not viewing the file listing by Date Modified / File Type / Name in Reverse order etc? Shouldn't make a bit of difference to the box what order its listed in on the box, providing they are wait1.png wait2.png wait3.png and on..

Haven't seen one but if I get chance I'll upload a tool that allows you to convert a picture and sends it to box

I've tried changing the boot up, loading, switch off etc screens using bootlogomatik but only the boot up, loading and backdrop ones have updates? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Liking the minion spinner by the way :)

Back