variant spinners with guide

are you using my slyk 1 hd skin or are you using another skin.

Mine lives in general.xml in /usr/share/enigma2/slyk-1-hd on your zgemma. Use something like notepad++ or an xml editor like xml wrench to edit.

it is probably just one big file called. skin.xml it will be in there. (obviously in that skins folder, not mine)

I notice no 'shutting down' text on the png graphic, am I correct in thinking that comes from elsewhere and cannot be changed? Damn deleted and replaced the image and it's too small LOL. What pixel dimensions are the shutdown screen please?

Last edited:
The 'your Zgemma H2H is shutting down' text, is there a way to edit that? It would be nice to have a uniform start to shut down really? Thanks for the sizing :)

You would have to find the correct python file on github and edit that. The upload that to your box to replace the original. On my lunch so will have a look what file it is later. You on vix or atv image.

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/master/lib/python/Screens/Standby.py (press raw and copy it into notepad)

edit text to say what you want. upload to usr/lib/enigma2/python/screens (er just randomly guessing of the top of my head... it will be somewhere around this area)

rename/backup/delete Standby.pyo. Upload new Standby.py. Reboot box.

Please note this is a core screen component of your box. Break it and you will probably boot loop your box.

class QuitMainloopScreen(Screen):
def __init__(self, session, retvalue=1):
self.skin = """<screen name="QuitMainloopScreen" position="fill" flags="wfNoBorder">
<ePixmap pixmap="icons/input_info.png" position="c-27,c-60" size="53,53" alphatest="on" />
<widget name="text" position="center,c+5" size="720,100" font="Regular;22" halign="center" />
</screen>"""
Screen.__init__(self, session)
from Components.Label import Label
text = { 1: _("Your %s %s is shutting down") % (getMachineBrand(), getMachineName()),
2: _("Your %s %s is rebooting") % (getMachineBrand(), getMachineName()),
3: _("The user interface of your %s %s is restarting") % (getMachineBrand(), getMachineName()),
4: _("Your frontprocessor will be upgraded\nPlease wait until your %s %s reboots\nThis may take a few minutes") % (getMachineBrand(), getMachineName()),
5: _("The user interface of your %s %s is restarting\ndue to an error in mytest.py") % (getMachineBrand(), getMachineName()),
42: _("Upgrade in progress\nPlease wait until your %s %s reboots\nThis may take a few minutes") % (getMachineBrand(), getMachineName()),
43: _("Reflash in progress\nPlease wait until your %s %s reboots\nThis may take a few minutes") % (getMachineBrand(), getMachineName()) }.get(retvalue)
self["text"] = Label(text)

Last edited:
I'm going to have a crack at making some custom spinners. Mainly because for the life of me i can't find a Tottenham one lol. If all goes well and photoshop doesn't steal too much ram i'll take some requests

The 'your Zgemma H2H is shutting down' text, is there a way to edit that? It would be nice to have a uniform start to shut down really? Thanks for the sizing :)

For changing the text i use xml ranch ftp to usr/share/enigma2/VM HD right click edit on the skin.xml and use the search function and search your zgemma h.2h is rebooting edit it to what you want and close your ftp program may ask you if you want to save it press yes then reboot

the latest one I have done is 80x80 px. Doesn't really want to be much taller than that.

---------- Post Merged at 10:32 PM ----------

output_39WeSi.gif

---------- Post Merged at 10:33 PM ----------

bear in mind the height of a normal screen is 720px. so this is about a 10th of the height of a tv screen.

I'll see what i can do. The photoshop file i downloaded ended up being malware and had to restore laptop lol so set me back

---------- Post Merged at 10:56 PM ----------

Will they load in number sequence? each time i try sending to the box they scramble and dunno if they have to be in order?

Back