various questions which are hard to find

pne1234

hi all, i have various questions regarding the box and features that i have looked over the internet for and struggled to find so here goes. if anyone can answer any of the questions it would be appreciated.

1 - can you record programs with just one aerial input?
2 - what are timeshifts?
3 - can i use an external HDD in front of my zgemma 2s for recordings and an external flash drive (epg files, cache etc) in the rear usb
4 - if recording is possible do i need to change any settings to store recordings on the HDD and if yes how do i do that?

thanks all.

1. No it needs both feeds to record
2. Timeshift is used to pause and rewind live TV
3. I believe you can but I use hard drive in back for all
4. If you have both feeds for recording you just change the location for recording in settings but if you use a backup from here its done for you.

If you can't use 2 feeds you can get the s version for around £10 cheaper.

The information for these questions are in the forum.

All the answers in the forum

I'm going to guess its a zgemma ruuning vix as not clear from your post

1 yes, you can record one channel at a time, not record one and watch another for example but you can watch recordings while recording

2 timeshift is like pause and rewind live TV

3 Yes

4 you can go into mount manager and tell it which one to use as a HDD.

cheers

1. Yes you can record with 1 dish and 1 feed but you have to watch the channel your recording and may have to disable a tuner in tuner config!
2. Timeshift is so you can pause and rewind live tv it stores it to a storage device so you need a usb or hdd connected and initialised to the box.
3. Yes
4. Yes firstly initialize the Hdd by going to menu> setup> system> storage devices> initialisation. You will see your hdd here press ok to initialize it it will be wiped clear so make sure you move any wanted files first! Then find Recording and playback settings and change default movie location to your Hdd then find timeshift settings change timeshift location to your hdd and automatically start timeshift after 2 seconds don't forget to save by pressing Green button.

Last edited:

im running ATV but id imagine that it woudnt make much difference in terms of recording just one channel

Yep, still the same, I dont know where mount manager is on OpenATV, its in the VIX section on vix lol.

It will give you the option to "use as hdd" select the one you want to record the recordings to

im running ATV but id imagine that it woudnt make much difference in terms of recording just one channel

Yep, still the same, I dont know where mount manager is on OpenATV, its in the VIX section on vix lol.

It will give you the option to "use as hdd" select the one you want to record the recordings to

yes, i know where the mount manager is. thanks for your help.

You can record with a single tuner. You can also watch another channel whilst recording with a single tuner, as long as the channel is on the same transponder

Back