Varying cable signal strength - Help!

YonyY

I'm hoping someone can offer some advice in regard to my varying VM cable signal.

As well as my subbed Tivo I have Zgemma H2H & H1.

I've experienced constant glitching lately on the Zgemmas, in particular on HD channels.

Having replaced all cables and the 2-way splitter and bough a 28db Konig amp I'm still having problems.

The root of the problem might be that the splitter seems to be causing the signal to vary massively from second to second, which means it's impossible to set the amp to a suitable setting. It seems stable without the splitter.

Any ideas? Is there a way I can I stabilise the signal strength?

I use a 2-way Tratec. It's a new splitter - the old one gave the same results. I've tried to eliminate any weak points without any success. I'm at the end of my tether now.

---------- Post Merged at 01:58 PM ----------

The signal strength varies so much between channels too, that if a setting on the amp allows one channel to be watchable that it will make another channel blank.

For example, I can make Sky Arts HD almost glitch-fee, but only in a way that makes S Sports 2 HD blank. I have to turn the signal strength down so much on Sky Arts HD that it blacks out the Sports channel.

Back