Vauxhall meriva 2011

RawIsScotty

Hey guys, wondering if anyone could help, got this meriva 2 weeks ago and on the first day it started to lack any power and stalled alot etc, few lights on the dash, engine management, traction control and electronic stability programme, had a quick Google and signs pointed to coil pack, had the coil pack replaced as well as spark plugs and all was fine, car ran perfectly for a few days. This morning the same trio of lights have appeared but the car is still running perfectly, could anyone point me in the right direction? Cheers

Hey guys, wondering if anyone could help, got this meriva 2 weeks ago and on the first day it started to lack any power and stalled alot etc, few lights on the dash, engine management, traction control and electronic stability programme, had a quick Google and signs pointed to coil pack, had the coil pack replaced as well as spark plugs and all was fine, car ran perfectly for a few days. This morning the same trio of lights have appeared but the car is still running perfectly, could anyone point me in the right direction? Cheers

You listed more than one fault showing originaly and only mention that one fault has been rectified , Any remaining or new faults will of course be picked up and displayed as they are found by the cars computer. Erasing faults won't get rid of them.
Beware that bad connections or water ingress into the electrical system of modern vehicles as it can throw up erroneous faults which could lead to you spending a lot of money . Find a good reputable garage to check it out.

Also make sure your battery is good. Should have over 12.2v, anything less can throw up error codes. You will probably need to have a code reader plugged in to see what error codes are present or have been stored. Do you know someone with a code reader? If your in West Yorkshire I can connect mine up for you.

hi im assuming its a 1.4 petrol with it having the coil pack replaced very very common issue for corrosion on these engines. them fault lights all come on no what fault you have it doesnt mean its related to the traction control or abs or ecu control. you would need it plugged in to actually confirm the fault. i work on vauxhall all day long

Back