Venton box

geoffsnook

H i have a venton cable unibox which was running vixe2 project but now as the 4.0 has been dropped by them and they only update 4.1 i believe i will not be able to update the box other than updating to 4.1 which a he has done a deal with another box supplier i don't suppose it would work on my box so the native on a few channels and have the service names are gone.The box will more than likely just get worse with me buying a new box

Er no you just need to update the image? What do you mean “he has done a deal with another box supplier”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is nothing to update when you try to update via software updater it tells you no packages to update and the website says vixe2project 4.08 is only archived and he is now on 4.1 and the venton box is no longer there also someone on here said he had done an exclusive deal to supply a different box and was no longer updating the older image

Just use another image then. Why would you buy another box if there are other images available for it?

Because there boxes are a bit funny and will not run other images well so i have been told and they only like oscam or if you could tell me what image will work

It’s definitely not true that venton boxes only run oscam. Maybe on the image you were using but I’ve certainly had other cams going on it. Which venton is it?

Just HD or HD Eco+? HD is quite an old one now so probably would be better off moving on but the Eco+ still has support.

You download one of the files - the bottom one is the latest - and unzip the file and you should be left with a folder called venton, you need to put that onto a USB stick that’s been formatted, and put it in the box. Then you turn it off at the back and then turn it back on and it may ask you to press the power button to flash the image. Haven’t had a venton in a while so not totally sure on whether it does prompt for that though. Once you’ve got the image on there there’s an OpenATV setup guide knocking about on here somewhere.

Back